Count your change, pennies, nickels, etc

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
So, while everyone is looking for ways to get flying money, I found two items that will work for me on a nice regular basis.

1) For work, I get to drive my car to the jobsites and record my miles for reimbursement. So, every two weeks or so I can submit them and I get a nice little check for $40-50 dollars.... Goes right to the Breakfast/Lunch/Share a flight as Safety Pilot *Lee, that's a hint* Fund.

2) Every day when I get home from work, I put my pocket change in a bucket. Not a big one, just 6" around and maybe 6" high. When I worked in the city, guys would pick on me for being worse than the homeless, cause they wouldn't pick up the pennies but I would! Well, took the bucket to the bank today, only 3 months since I did last time,.. and I had
300 Quarters, 361 dimes, 247 nickels, and 1043 pennies = $133.88

All goes to the flying fund! :yes:

So,.. my wife's happy,.. we'll be going to Lancaster for a nice meal soon. Her headset arrived today, my one daughter is sick,.. so after a day at home alone with her, she asked "When are we going flying again?"

That is so awesome that your wife is asking "When are we going flying again?"

Maybe you should save some more pennies and put her through flight training. :D

So...when are you going to upgrade to a 172 so you can take the twins flying?

So, while everyone is looking for ways to get flying money, I found two items that will work for me on a nice regular basis.

1) For work, I get to drive my car to the jobsites and record my miles for reimbursement. So, every two weeks or so I can submit them and I get a nice little check for $40-50 dollars.... Goes right to the Breakfast/Lunch/Share a flight as Safety Pilot *Lee, that's a hint* Fund.

2) Every day when I get home from work, I put my pocket change in a bucket. Not a big one, just 6" around and maybe 6" high. When I worked in the city, guys would pick on me for being worse than the homeless, cause they wouldn't pick up the pennies but I would! Well, took the bucket to the bank today, only 3 months since I did last time,.. and I had
300 Quarters, 361 dimes, 247 nickels, and 1043 pennies = $133.88

All goes to the flying fund! :yes:

So,.. my wife's happy,.. we'll be going to Lancaster for a nice meal soon. Her headset arrived today, my one daughter is sick,.. so after a day at home alone with her, she asked "When are we going flying again?"

Thats awesome man. I was having a hard time once and decided to cash in some change I was stockpiling in jars for a long time. I didn't realize how much it was until I put it in a napsack and hauled it to a Coin Star.IT paid almost all of my rent for that month! Since then I've stopped spendiong coins.

Its always a surprise when you cash in those coins. Never really know how much can be in that small volume.

Brook,... the C172 checkout at Wings is planned for the third week of July. My wife and kids are going to the mountains that week with my in-laws, and I'm working on the bathroom remodel and getting checked out in the 172. Then I'll go to the mountains that weekend. Which reminds me,.. I better go to the online scheduling and book now! That's right around the corner.

Enjoy the flight to LNS!

Fiorentino's is an excellent fly-in restaurant. Call up Airways on the freq and they'll send over a van to take you over to the Pilot Shop -- there's always something you need for the flight bag, right?

While on the transient ramp, take a look at those bandy-new CTX LSAs....

Much of my change gets used to pay for something with exact change.

I have a coin sorter sitting on top of my dresser which gets fed every night! The problem is, I keep running out of coin wrappers!
At present I have about $80 wrapped and ready to be turned to paper at a bank... and then spent in some purely frivolous fashion!

Maybe another silk hawaiian shirt....

Back