Could It Get Any Closer

bobloblaw310 said:
There is 41 pages of ag accidents between the dates you have provided. Many of those accidents are of the same type of aircraft you provide. It is impossible to determine which is "yours" because the NTSB does not identify the pilots involved. Now you could narrow it down if you provide a location. BTW others I am sure would like to learn from "your" accidents so we can prevent from making the same mistakes.

Don't mix up your threads, that's not the topic of this one.

Wooohaaaa....why the sudden attack on Henning?

If I listed some of the stuff I have done and seen in my short 37 years, many people on here would call bull****.

Hell I remember in college, at the age of 25, one class asked us to list something about ourselves most people would probably not know and we had to guess (it was a class building excercise).

I put "combat veteran". Now this was in 1996, and I had seen fighting in GW1, so it predates todays "every soldier is a combat verteran" reality.

NO ONE thought it was me, not a soul.

Again....why can we not take Henning's statements at face value until proven otherwise? Why should he "prove" it?

I have also crashed a motorcycle at over 100mph and lived to tell (then again I was on a track and racing amatuer motorcycles). I have stood on the open tail of Chinook at 10,000' video taping SF soldiers doing HALO jumps. Or do I have to prove that too?

Sorry for this mini-rant, but I guess I like Henning and see no reason for the attacks on him or the questioning of his experiences.

James_Dean said:
Victor,

I knew it wouldn't take you long.

James Dean

I was back just a few days from being banned. Had to let the dust settle down a little. I am sure this screenname will be banned as well. I will just have to come up with a new name. It has been fun though.

Henning said:
Because a while the weight penalty would be small, one heavy to do enough good would have a long arm/CG penalty.

True Winds, 8kts from 11:00(note, there is very little wind on the water, this is a residual swell), Ships motion 8 kts, seas, 6' swell 11:00. Should have had no problems with flight ops in these conditions. I regularly have helos working onboard in worse. It looks like they were recommencing fish spotting ops after a storm. My best guess anyway.

BTW, relative winds on the flight deck would have been near zero as the house was blocking most of it.

The predominant surrounding wind was obviously low by visible water signs AND taking the significant liberty of excluding invisible gust factors but, ~8 knots relative off the bow still would cause the normal air burble at the aft end of a vessel in forward motion. Although relatively small in magnitude, the burble's irregular air becomes more and more of a factor in the areas above the deck rails where the main rotor is adding to its turbulence. The seas were obviously not rough with wave action and the small swell may have exacerbated the problem somewhat, combined with the following:

The rotor blades are lifting irregularly in the burbling air on the starboard side, and the blades being more sheltered in calmer air by the house on the middle, combined with control inputs by the pilot, are the significant causes of the accident.

Back