Could have been a major "oops"

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
short audio clip from my Flight Review ... dang, BFR was so much easier to type, and FR just looks odd ... Father (Reverend) or French or ... :D

Anyway, my son rode along back seat to get some film shots for a school project, and I grabbed the audio for him, but also to test VR+ software on my crackberry and the cheapie phone handsfree mic stuck in the headphone cup.

Here's a small clip that could have gotten "interesting" had it progressed further ... can anyone catch my screw-up? 3 Skyhawks in the runup area at 29R...

Attachments

• 2009-04-13cut1.mp3
    895.5 KB · Views: 32
short audio clip from my Flight Review ... dang, BFR was so much easier to type, and FR just looks odd ... Father (Reverend) or French or ... :D

Anyway, my son rode along back seat to get some film shots for a school project, and I grabbed the audio for him, but also to test VR+ software on my crackberry and the cheapie phone handsfree mic stuck in the headphone cup.

Here's a small clip that could have gotten "interesting" had it progressed further ... can anyone catch my screw-up? 3 Skyhawks in the runup area at 29R...

Cessna, Metroliner, same-o same-o, what's the big deal, eh?

Last edited:
yeah ... 'zacly ... Skyhawk waiting for clearance to my left, another to my right ... tower clears me "hold short Rwy 29R behind the Metroliner on taxiway Alpha" as I watch the Cessna to my left pull up the the hold short line and the brain locks hardwired onto number 2 behind THAT Cessna ... until I look right and see said Metroliner "Key Lime XXX" pretty much obscuring the sun as it crosses my windscreen ... oops! and tower was busy enough that they didn't catch (or at least respond to) my incorrect readback.

Back