Could be your co-pilot, too?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
This is a home automation add on. Check out the demo video.

http://www.themeaddicts.com/pages/mirror.html

There's no price listed. It's a custom install each time. It's very likely in the Bill Gates toy range.

Imagine having "Basil" in the panel of the plane! He could give terrain and stall warnings and read the checklist to you?

Lance has something like that in the Baron. A nice lady who tells him to put the gear down, hold altitude and heading etc. Made me wonder why I was even there :D

Lance has something like that in the Baron. A nice lady who tells him to put the gear down, hold altitude and heading etc. Made me wonder why I was even there :D

I have the nice lady, too. She quit on me but I'll make her happy again soon.

Mine just said "Airspeed" for stall, and would warn of low voltage and low fuel and high temps. But she said, "Have a nice flight" each time!

his is a little more involved. theres a tiny screen on the panel and he can punch in the altitude and heading hes supposed to fly. also can set it up so under certain conditions of speed power and whatever else it will say certain things. the little screen even reads out heading, fed from the GPS i think. Its location directly above the attitude indicator makes it fairly convenient when the evil CFII covers up the heading indicator.

I think Tony got a bit frustrated trying to get me down to the traditional "partial panel" as there are four heading displays in addition to several course displays along with two attitude indicators. He finally gave up and said all that's required is to simulate the loss of the primary heading and attitude references. Then he tried to get revenge by making me fly with my eyes closed.:D

I think Tony got a bit frustrated trying to get me down to the traditional "partial panel" as there are four heading displays in addition to several course displays along with two attitude indicators. He finally gave up and said all that's required is to simulate the loss of the primary heading and attitude references. Then he tried to get revenge by making me fly with my eyes closed.:D

yea and even THAT didnt work! I think someone read the classic article in Soaring magazine about surviving inadvertant cloud flight with no instruments. use pitch to keep the sound the same and bank to keep G loads low

Back