Costof the Iraq War.

Darn Canadians will be spreading their idealogy all over the world...eh...what exactly IS the idealogy of Canada? :D

Brian Austin said:
Darn Canadians will be spreading their idealogy all over the world...eh...what exactly IS the idealogy of Canada? :D
Next thing you know they will be making us all play hockey and eat crulers!! :hairraise:

I mean what that all aboot??!!!

Oh my GOD!! they are now making me talk like them :rofl:

You know... It is just as Micheal Moore predicted in his movie Canadian Bacon
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109370/

smigaldi said:
Been watching the kurling thing on the Olympics....okay, been watching the WOMEN'S kurling. There are some hottie kurlers out there. Crikeys! :rolleyes:

Just a general reply - it doesn't matter which country we get our oil from, as oil is a globally traded commodity market and the price of a barrel of oil is (generally - there are broad assumptions here [I'm not going to get into Brent vs. NYMEX vs. etc...]) the price of a barrel of oil, regardless of where it gets pumped out.

Our dependence on oil in general needs to be curbed - just because it is a commodity that can be controlled. From the risk perspective, let's not put all of our eggs in the petro basket.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
Just a general reply - it doesn't matter which country we get our oil from, as oil is a globally traded commodity market and the price of a barrel of oil is (generally - there are broad assumptions here [I'm not going to get into Brent vs. NYMEX vs. etc...]) the price of a barrel of oil, regardless of where it gets pumped out.

Our dependence on oil in general needs to be curbed - just because it is a commodity that can be controlled. From the risk perspective, let's not put all of our eggs in the petro basket.

Cheers,

-Andrew

oh I agree, but still - it's a start.

astanley said:

Cheers,

-Andrew
Coal oil contains more BTUs per pound than #2 diesel fuel, and is being produced by an indepandent at $1.70 in Pa. it is estamated that there is 250 years of fuel in Pa. alone.

Hitler ran his war machine on coal oil for over 5 years. it is here now! and cheap. why doesn't the US adopt it as the option?

And to top it off, Alaska has more coal in the ground than the world has used to date.

National news had an article on it last month, they said enough coal oil conversion plants could be built in 12 months to eliminate the requirement for off shore crude.

NC19143 said:
Coal oil contains more BTUs per pound than #2 diesel fuel, and is being produced by an indepandent at $1.70 in Pa. it is estamated that there is 250 years of fuel in Pa. alone.

Hitler ran his war machine on coal oil for over 5 years. it is here now! and cheap. why doesn't the US adopt it as the option?

And to top it off, Alaska has more coal in the ground than the world has used to date.

National news had an article on it last month, they said enough coal oil conversion plants could be built in 12 months to eliminate the requirement for off shore crude.

Excellent point. But as Joe W can probably attest to, some of our larger coal firms don't have a very stellar record in treating their neighbors fairly. There was just a large (albiet biased) article in the recent National Geographic about coal mining in West Virginia, talking about the (lack of) virtues in strip mining out east...

Just a point, I do believe that coal is a place to look as we progress.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
Excellent point. But as Joe W can probably attest to, some of our larger coal firms don't have a very stellar record in treating their neighbors fairly. There was just a large (albiet biased) article in the recent National Geographic about coal mining in West Virginia, talking about the (lack of) virtues in strip mining out east...

Just a point, I do believe that coal is a place to look as we progress.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I believe there is no problem we AMERICANS can't correct, but I also believe there is no one answer for the energy problem. It will be acombination of things that solve the fuel problems.

astanley said:

Cheers,

-Andrew

There are alternatives to fossil-fueled vehicles, but the current technology is mature and can be built at a HUGE profit so I wouldn't look for a change in vehicle technology anytime soon. Most of our eggs will be in the petro basket even if the price goes ridiculously high. And when it goes ridiculously high it will not matter where the crude is drilled; it will ALL go up.

flyingcheesehead said:
"This story has been removed for legal reasons."

Hmmm...

Libel and slander cases over there are much easier to win than in America - doesn't suprise me that the story was removed, if some facts in it ended up being hard to confirm.

SkyHog said:
Plain and simple: The expenditure will continue until we have either made the Muslim's stop threatening us, or until we get a Democrat into office, who's shortsightedness will cause us to pull out and leave a mess behind. Just like JFK and his refusal to follow through in Cuba, the next Democrat President will embarrass us again (if the war is still going on).

I'd much rather stop the Muslims, then have to stop a president.

Then we should damn well stop funding the effort.

wbarnhill said:
How do you win a war when every enemy you kill is replaced by 10 others?

By killing them all. Time to turn the sand box into a glass parking lot.

Back