Cops try to incite riot

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
??? Weird.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

This is in Montreal. It appears that the Montreal Police were trying make it look like some peaceful protesters were inciting a riot by throwing rocks. The protesters recognized that the rioters were not from their group, and immediately stopped them. The men were outed as police officers, and then they pushed their way through the riot busters standing by, who akwardly arrested them.

Bad!

Unfortunately police are infiltrating peaceful groups here in the US too. In Denver and in Fresno there has been documented cases of the local police getting involved with peace groups. Since 9/11 the right of assembly has been under attack. Refer to the so called free speech zone where protesters are actually locked up behind fences away from the groups that they are protesting.

But with the police stuff we get into so grey areas where the police are in these groups and are not just monitoring but also participating and planning events. Now with these peace groups they are mostly older ex-hippie types who just want to hold up signs. They are hardly a threat worth infiltrating but in the new world order of the US having the police or law enforcement involved in monitoring everything we do it is becoming the norm. Personally I don't like it. Unless there is real evidence that a crime is being committed the police should not be involved. The police have enough real work to do and it would be a better use of their time to go fight real neighborhood crime than these goose chases of people expressing their views.

About the only good thing I see coming out of this is that most of the time the police only get to see the people in their towns at their worst. That is when they have done something bad and the police have to intervene. At least this way the police get to see that the 'civilians' are not so bad and are pretty decent folk.

Last edited:
Pretty pathetic.

Some police have done that sort of thing since the 60's (and probably before that, in the 50's with the anti-commie activities going on inside the govt). I'm delighted that they got outed!! You can't defend a country by subverting everything it stands for, dammit.

Have you read about the White House formal plans for suppressing free speech rights for anyone who disagrees with Bush at any of the functions where he appears? They had to release it for a trial stemming from an incident where a husband and wife (I think) were arrested for wearing non-obscene anti-Bush t-shirts at a some function where he was speaking. :mad:

Last edited:
Have you read about the White House formal plans for suppressing free speech rights for anyone who disagrees with Bush at any of the functions where he appears? They had to release it for a trial stemming from an incident where a husband and wife (I think) were arrested for wearing non-obscene anti-Bush t-shirts at a some function where he was speaking. :mad:
That's pretty bad. I hadn't heard about that. I know there had been stories of police or SS going after some protesters but I hope it wasn't for simply their appearance in a non-offensive garment.

I do recall a story of someone being arrested during the Clinton years but don't recall the details now. Regardless of who it is in office, they have to accept it all. The right of protest is clearly written in the Constitution the President swore to uphold.

I have to say that I saw no evidence that the guys with the bandanas over thier faces were police. Who said so? The lead protester with the gray beard? I hardly think his statment is evidence.

What was his proof? He says " I asked them if they were cops" or perhaps he accused them of being cops and he said ' then thier eyes got real big' . I'd hope you folks would be a little more analytical if you were on a jury than that.

Who knows they could have been protesters that were more agitated than the rest of the group. Every group has trouble makers. Kudos to the guy in the beard for getting them out of the group. But I see no credible evidence that they were cops.

As for protesters yea some are old hippes who want to stick a dasiy in your hair but some of the younger ones can get pretty violent. I recall some union guys at a pro clinton rally here jacking up and anti clinton protester. When we had the RNC convetion here in Philly. Some of these folks got down right nasty stopping traffic banging on car hoods. ugly stuff.

I have to say that I saw no evidence that the guys with the bandanas over thier faces were police. Who said so? The lead protester with the gray beard? I hardly think his statment is evidence.

What was his proof? He says " I asked them if they were cops" or perhaps he accused them of being cops and he said ' then thier eyes got real big' . I'd hope you folks would be a little more analytical if you were on a jury than that.

Who knows they could have been protesters that were more agitated than the rest of the group. Every group has trouble makers. Kudos to the guy in the beard for getting them out of the group. But I see no credible evidence that they were cops.

As for protesters yea some are old hippes who want to stick a dasiy in your hair but some of the younger ones can get pretty violent. I recall some union guys at a pro clinton rally here jacking up and anti clinton protester. When we had the RNC convetion here in Philly. Some of these folks got down right nasty stopping traffic banging on car hoods. ugly stuff.

I say the proof comes between the 1 minute and 2 minute area, where the "protesters" are repeatedly leaning behind the riot sheilds and talking to the cops. At one point, one of the "protesters" actually grabs the sheild and moves it to speak to a cop.

Know of ANY riot cops that would allow people to get behind their sheilds?

Eh sketchy at best.:dunno: . It is kind of odd but don't know I'd stake money on it.

Have to disagree with you, Adam - after watching some of the news coverage videos following this one, the official response was "The Surete does not use agents provocateurs" but when asked who the three were all the spokesman would say is, "no comment". Maybe they didn't work for the Surete, but they sure seem to be working for SOMEone. The agencies know who these three guys are, and all the heat is directed toward the police - who won't say who they were. If they were for sure protesters, you can bet your sweet whatever that the police would be telling that to anyone who'd stand still for half a minute and listen.

My 2 cents: they are not "provocateurs" but certainly intelligence agents, probably police detectives. Their garb including the rock in the one guy's hand is an attempt to blend in, but based on the dress of the others in the video I think they picked the wrong protest group that day to try to blend in with. Idiots! :rolleyes:

Infiltrating protest groups during large scale (or small scale) demonstrations is SOP all over the world.

Richard, it's not just the rock, but the shouting that they were doing, as well. Go back and listen to it.

Got no problem with u/c folks being in the crowd. They pick up rocks and start yelling? BIG problem with that.

I personally know 3 poeple who were arrested (one who is doing 3 years) for speaking out and Bush was nowhere near. The one who's doing time decided to defend himself in court. The other 2 were arested for protesting his arrest outside of City Hall. I don't know all of the details but the loophole used was he was using a megaphone which is to my understanding perfectly legal, but I could be wrong. Point being, I seriously doubt that he would have had the same consequence for reciting the pledge of allegiance. This stuff is never reported.

Last edited:
Richard, it's not just the rock, but the shouting that they were doing, as well. Go back and listen to it.

Got no problem with u/c folks being in the crowd. They pick up rocks and start yelling? BIG problem with that.
Yeah I caught it, but it still struck me that they were trying to blend in. REading the article linked above just proves to me that they were even more idiotic at their pathetic attempt to "blend in" that I had originally supposed (the boots.) They apparently got lost on the way to the anarchists line :D

Have to disagree with you, Adam - after watching some of the news coverage videos following this one, the official response was "The Surete does not use agents provocateurs" but when asked who the three were all the spokesman would say is, "no comment". Maybe they didn't work for the Surete, but they sure seem to be working for SOMEone. The agencies know who these three guys are, and all the heat is directed toward the police - who won't say who they were. If they were for sure protesters, you can bet your sweet whatever that the police would be telling that to anyone who'd stand still for half a minute and listen.

Well I was just commeting on the video alone. Obviously with the additional sources and the cops own admission that changes everything.

Back