Cops arrest Drunk then execute dog.

How do you get enraged over a video that is so poor you can't tell for certain what is happening and the photographer is screaming incoherently?

From the details on the interwebs, the dog was already mortally wounded prior to the video clip starting. The K9 unit had been attacked by the dog and the police had shot it with the handgun. The shotgun was used to put the dog out of its misery. I feel like the woman should have probably been shielded from the act, but I don't think the dog being put down was inherently wrong. Also, judging by the backstory of how this all went down, I highly doubt any normal person would have had much sympathy for the man (and woman) given the crimes he was being arrested for (rape, battery, etc).

How do you get enraged over a video that is so poor you can't tell for certain what is happening and the photographer is screaming incoherently?

Enraged..really...Shocked that it takes so many to arrest one drunk, sure. But enraged. Now that is funny.....

Tony

From the details on the interwebs, the dog was already mortally wounded prior to the video clip starting. The K9 unit had been attacked by the dog and the police had shot it with the handgun. The shotgun was used to put the dog out of its misery. I feel like the woman should have probably been shielded from the act, but I don't think the dog being put down was inherently wrong. Also, judging by the backstory of how this all went down, I highly doubt any normal person would have had much sympathy for the man (and woman) given the crimes he was being arrested for (rape, battery, etc).

Rape really...I did not hear anyone yelling rape.

the media has convinced the public that anything that happened before videos like this (leading up to the final outcome caught on tape) is irrelevant.

oops, if this is SZ material feel free to delete but the bottom line is we don't know, and rarely do know, what happens before the camera starts rolling.

Rape really...I did not hear anyone yelling rape.
Why were the cops even there? Was the guy being arrested or questioned? Why? Did he post something bad about a politician on athe internet?

The answers to these questions may put a whole different spin on it.

That is ridiculous. How about calling a vet, rather than shooting it again. Police dogs that get shot in the line of duty have lived with gun shot wounds. I knew one that was shot like 6 times during its time as a police dog and every time it went to the vet; not executed.

That is ridiculous. How about calling a vet, rather than shooting it again. Police dogs that get shot in the line of duty have lived with gun shot wounds. I knew one that was shot like 6 times during its time as a police dog and every time it went to the vet; not executed.
I wondered about that too. Of course though, as the owner of a veterinary clinic, I would.

I read the complete article. Not once did they mention rape. Why did you? If its rape does this make it right? Please explain......

Also it really matters not if it happened a year ago or yesterday now does it.

You could tell by the cops attitudes that they where out to make a point. They had no compassion what so ever. I find that hard to swallow from a K-9 unit. I thought those guys had a heart towards 4 legged animals. I guess I am wrong.

The professionalism or lack of, exhibited by these men was impressive.

Nothing wrong there. I do agree the woman could have been shielded but not a requirement. Glad no one was injured

Good point. My guess..discretion.

Good point. My guess..discretion.

...discretion

So if I find a police K9 that got wounded I should use my discretion and shoot it with a shotgun?

Or is that not a 2 way street?

The dog didn't look that bad, help the lady take her dog to the vet, protect and serve.

Seems like if you get more than 2 cops at a incident and anyone is making loud noises, someone or something gets shot or assaulted.

We need more peacekeepers and less law enforcers.

...discretion

So if I find a police K9 that got wounded I should use my discretion and shoot it with a shotgun?

Or is that not a 2 way street?

The dog didn't look that bad, help the lady take her dog to the vet, protect and serve.

Seems like if you get more than 2 cops at a incident and anyone is making loud noises, someone or something gets shot or assaulted.

We need more peacekeepers and less law enforcers.

You are right. Probably wouldn't go over to well

I wondered about that too. Of course though, as the owner of a veterinary clinic, I would.

Who would pay for the care and resuscitation of the dog ?

Cheers

Who would pay for the care and resuscitation of the dog ?

Cheers
Great question. Thank you!

All too often, the owner of the veterinary hospital gets stuck with the bill. As a veterinary owner, I have a problem with that. But I have more of a problem with someone just shooting a dog.

But the answer to you question is that the person that brings the animal in, requests service and signs the consent form is responsible. If they are not the owner, it is up to them to collect from the owner. As much as we get yelled at for it, we cannot begin treatment on an animal until we have authorization. And we are not a court that is allowed to determine ownership. It is stuff like that that is causing me to sell my business and retire. And I'm "Almost there!"

Back