Coordinates?

Can't vouch for boats, but I've been given directions to someone's private airstrip by having them give me the GPS coords.
To find the airport at Pepperell MA, go plug the lat/long into your gps. Old school would be a NY sectional. Be sure to call ahead of time for permission (Don is an easy guy to deal with). And watch out for the meat bombs but more so, the twin otter diving from 15k.
http://www.pepperellairport.com
http://www.skyjump.com

Not buzzing boats, and IAW all FARs ofcourse, but finding two moving boats and doing turns around a point is great fun and polishes your ground ref skills.

Until the boats figure out what your doing. "Dude, that guy is doing figure eights around us, lets have some fun"

I'm game for a challenge :)

Ok. Get a friend with a boat. Fast boat. Long lake. No other boats anywhere close, (I agree with Bob 100% on the damage reckless flying does to our reputation.) Now get him to step on it and shoot approaches on him. Mutter words like Mav and Goose

Ok. Get a friend with a boat. Fast boat. Long lake. No other boats anywhere close, (I agree with Bob 100% on the damage reckless flying does to our reputation.) Now get him to step on it and shoot approaches on him. Mutter words like Mav and Goose

What's reckless about over 500' AGL turns around a point on a boat??

People seem fine when I do it, floats probably help though

Use power transmission lines as arresting cables. Make sure to call the ball.

Flour bombing is almost always a part of an organized event, like a pancake breakfast, and all of the participants know at least a little about aviation and participate willingly. If you are out in a watercraft just enjoying the experience and, without any warning, a general aviation aircraft comes zooming over you at 50 feet or so and folks on another boat are waving at the plane, you might think "I'm writing a letter to the editor and to my congressman as soon as I get home...those little airplanes are just noisy toys for rich people, and maybe I'll sign that petition to close the airport!" That's the difference: perception.

I've been involved in this industry since 1960, and the number of pilots who figuratively shoot themselves in the foot by annoying the general public never seems to diminish.

But that's not the scenario on the table. The scenario isn't the general public, it's buzzing your friends who are in on the action and requested it. Seemingly identical to buzzing your friends who are willingly participating as judges or spectators at the flour bombing competition.

But that's not the scenario on the table. The scenario isn't the general public, it's buzzing your friends who are in on the action and requested it. Seemingly identical to buzzing your friends who are willingly participating as judges or spectators at the flour bombing competition.

Do these "friends on a boat" exist in a vacuum? Are there no other boaters in the vicinity who have not been asked for their opinion?

Bob

WEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun!!!!!!!!

Do these "friends on a boat" exist in a vacuum? Are there no other boaters in the vicinity who have not been asked for their opinion?

They do not exist in a vacuum, but the other boats are more than 500 ft away.

Okay, how about answering the original question?
Yes, you can punch in direct lan/lon coordinates into FF, for example. That is how I set up some waypoints. Not hard to do.
Also, you can create waypoints on your panel GPS. It might take a little more effort but most good GPS units allow direct lan/lon input.

Back