Cooperstown or Sidney NY Help!

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Ahhhh! Going to Cooperstown NY this friday through saturday for a conference. Was supposed to fly in the Lance with a friend and our wives. I Planned on flyinginto N66 Oneonta as K23 cooperstown is grass and short and can't do that in the Lance. Now I see N66 is closed unitl mid October. Any recomendations? It looks like my next best bet is Sidney NY (N23) I will need transportation to Cooperstown and the nearest Enterprise is in Norwich NY or Oneonta 17&20 miles away and NOT open on sundays. UGH!!! Anyone know anything about Sidney N23? Any Ideas? Thanks!!!

Not a bad little airport. Got approaches (RNAV) to both ends and the VOR approach is N/A right now (you probably already checked those NOTAMs). Can't speak for the service but it's been my recollection that someone answers the UNICOM. Sorry, I'm not much help Adam.

AdamZ said:
Ahhhh! Going to Cooperstown NY this friday through saturday for a conference. Was supposed to fly in the Lance with a friend and our wives. I Planned on flyinginto N66 Oneonta as K23 cooperstown is grass and short and can't do that in the Lance. Now I see N66 is closed unitl mid October. Any recomendations? It looks like my next best bet is Sidney NY (N23) I will need transportation to Cooperstown and the nearest Enterprise is in Norwich NY or Oneonta 17&20 miles away and NOT open on sundays. UGH!!! Anyone know anything about Sidney N23? Any Ideas? Thanks!!!
All I have for you is the AOPA listing for Chambers and Butler 607-563-1522 sounds like a car dealer in town, call NOW 'cause they're likely still there on Sat AM (10A EDT). Delaware Aviation on field is 607-563-3777.

Bruce :-0 (posted on both boards)

Been to Sidney a number of years ago. Not much there.

Will Enterprise drop at the airport/pick up the car later? Some will.

Binghamton is kinda a haul.

Bruce was right on target on this one. Finally spoke to a fella named Charley at the airport who told me about chambers and butler a local truck dealer. I can get a car for $79.00 for the weekend w/ 150 miles and 19 cents per mile after that. Seemed like nice folks. Its only 49 miles to cooperstown so I should be good for the weekend. Thanks for the heads up on the VOR JR. Didn't see it b/c I had not done the actual planning yet so I do apprecaite it.

Back