Cooler than Flying Stray Dogs Around....

JoseCuervo

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JoseCuervo
This seems like a cool way to save the world and do good in life....

GA pilots needed to transport sea turtles stranded on Mass. beaches
The Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research based at the University of Florida is working with state and local officials and volunteer groups to organize general aviation pilots to relocate more than 400 sea turtles that have become stranded on beaches near Cape Cod, Mass. Pilots interested in helping can send an e-mail to Leslie Weinstein at the Archie Carr Center

How about this one?

Flying a hummingbird from MN to TX in a private jet... :D

It’s likely that a certain rufous hummingbird wouldn't be flying around Texas today, had not Terri Walls noticed it darting about her sugar-water feeder in St. Paul as temperatures plunged three weeks ago.

Walls, a U.S. Labor Department division director who calls herself “a bit of a bird-watcher,” said Monday that she was happy to learn that the tiny rust-colored bird was flown south on a private jet and released Sunday in Texas by a wildlife rehabilitator.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/283711631.html

This seems like a cool way to save the world and do good in life....

if one tries to get out of his cage, could you make a call saying "ATC, I've got a turtle head poking through." :goofy:

Witnessed a bunch of turtles going from OWD Norwood Ma. To FLA aboard a Pilates PC12. Not a bad deal for the turtles.

Witnessed a bunch of turtles going from OWD Norwood Ma. To FLA aboard a Pilates PC12. Not a bad deal for the turtles.

I wonder if I flopped around on the beach in a turtle costume if I could get a PC12 ride? :D

Dammit I keep telling these people they need to neuter and spay their turtles.

Participating aircraft are limited to Beech 23 series; in anything else the speed would disorient the turtles.

:D

I think my Aircoupe would qualify too. However it would take weeks to get to Massachusetts from California.

Back