Cool site to track aircraft

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
www.OpenATC.com

Tracks ADS-B equipped aircraft. I was just watching N206FG heading back to RDU... you can view it on a Google Map screen, or even open Google Earth and watch it there.

Very neat. It will also let you fly with REAL traffic in X-Plane. Can't wait til they have that for MSFS.

One of the buttons on the left of the main page will show all aircraft squawking emergencies...

www.OpenATC.com

Tracks ADS-B equipped aircraft. I was just watching N206FG heading back to RDU... you can view it on a Google Map screen, or even open Google Earth and watch it there.

Very neat. It will also let you fly with REAL traffic in X-Plane. Can't wait til they have that for MSFS.

One of the buttons on the left of the main page will show all aircraft squawking emergencies...

I can't figure out how to use it. I downloaded the file, and the overlay shows up in my Google Earth "places" list, but no planes show up on the map. If I click on the "OpenATC Air Traffic" item in the places list I get a message that says "Please select the regions you would like to see". But I don't see any way to "select regions".

Also, the home page at OpenATC shows (yellow dots) traffic all over the US. I don't think we have much ADS-B coverage in the continental US outside of the east coast.

I can't figure out how to use it. I downloaded the file, and the overlay shows up in my Google Earth "places" list, but no planes show up on the map. If I click on the "OpenATC Air Traffic" item in the places list I get a message that says "Please select the regions you would like to see". But I don't see any way to "select regions".

Also, the home page at OpenATC shows (yellow dots) traffic all over the US. I don't think we have much ADS-B coverage in the continental US outside of the east coast.

Not sure what the deal is with the Google Earth thing, Lance... I notice the Google Map works better.

On the US coverage, I see in his notes/blog that he recently got the full data feed from the FAA, so I imagine he's now showing more data than just ADS-B.

Back