Cool ideas for Nashville TN?

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
The wife and I are flying the new plane to Nashville tomorrow with no real agenda and I'm looking for ideas on places to eat and things to see.:dunno: Almost any suggestion appreciated. :D

The Parthenon is supposed to be good. Also, of course, the Grand Ole Opry and music row downtown. Have a great time!

The Parthenon is supposed to be good. Also, of course, the Grand Ole Opry and music row downtown. Have a great time!

Thanks it's a last minute trip and probably the only one we'll get to make before we start the avionics upgrades a week from Monday.

Go visit Dave Ramsey's office and make funny faces at him while he's doing the radio broadcast?

http://www.daveramsey.com/company/visit-dave/

Head to Foodnetwork.com (Food TV Channel site) and find all of the really good places they have uncovered (Arnold's Country Kitchen for one).

Photo of you doing your best Elvis pose next to statute of same

Photo of you wearing a Minnie Pearl hat at Grand Old Opry

Photo of you honk-honking Dolly's honkers

Go visit Dave Ramsey's office and make funny faces at him while he's doing the radio broadcast?

http://www.daveramsey.com/company/visit-dave/

Head to Foodnetwork.com (Food TV Channel site) and find all of the really good places they have uncovered (Arnold's Country Kitchen for one).

Photo of you doing your best Elvis pose next to statute of same

Photo of you wearing a Minnie Pearl hat at Grand Old Opry

Photo of you honk-honking Dolly's honkers

I think Dave would have a stroke if he saw that we flew to Nashville for the weekend and could have used that cash for a better purpose.:D

I think Dave would have a stroke if he saw that we flew to Nashville for the weekend and could have used that cash for a better purpose.:D

It's OK if you don't charge it on a credit card. Of course, paying for fuel without a credit card might be a problem. :yes:

I lived there for three years. John Tune (KJWN) is a nice airport to fly into. I would recommend getting fuel at Gallatin (M33) as they tend to be a good bit cheaper. Whatever you do, don't buy fuel at KBNA.

As for things to do, see a show. The Ryman Auditorium is incredible. The honkey tonk scene on Broadway downtown is great if you're into that kind of thing. Two great places to stay are Union Station and Hutton Hotel. The Flying Saucer is a great bar downtown. It's next door to Union Station. Go check out the Parthenon in Centennial Park and on your way out fly along the river to the west of JWN about 15 miles and see the guy who built his house out of a DC9. It's incredible. Look around TN77 in Foreflight.

Enjoy your time there! It's a great city.

The wife and I are flying the new plane to Nashville tomorrow with no real agenda and I'm looking for ideas on places to eat and things to see.:dunno: Almost any suggestion appreciated. :D

Go to the Lane Motor Museum. They have some crazy stuff. I'd far rather spend a day there than at Opryland. (Tho tix to the Opry show can be entertaining)

http://www.lanemotormuseum.org/

Stayed at Union Station, beautiful hotel, a little pricey, but a neat place. :D Went to the Ryman theater, the former home of the Grand Ole Opry, I think it's a must see, plenty of history! We ate lunch at a local cafe. Then we walked to the Country Music Hall of Fame, another place everyone should go if you have any connection to country music.:yes: The city was pretty packed, so we decided on a late dinner and made reservations at the Capitol Grill for 8:15.:yes: Well, there are two restaurants called Capitol/Capital Grill, one is a well known steak house and we went to the other one!:yikes: It's in the Hermitage Hotel, and it's quite different from what we were expecting. All local, lots of organics, all a little weird especially when you're expecting a classic steak house! But, I'll have to say it was one of the best meals I have eaten in a long time!:yes: I highly recommend it, not cheap, but the food was outstanding, including some oddly named desserts. ;) Now, we're off to brunch and head home!:D

Back