Cool Feature.

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I was looking at the calendar for this website, And noticed a number next to users ids, on certain dates, Took a minute before i figured out the name on the date is that users B-Day and of course the number is their age :) Wonder what some of the female pilots are going to say about this...Anyways, Its a great way to know how old your going to be:) LOL I have stopped counting and sometimes have to think hard about it when asked my age. ;)

Michael said:
LOL I have stopped counting and sometimes have to think hard about it when asked my age. ;)

Me too. When a few years go by, I literally have to do the math sometimes to get the end number.

I stopped counting back in college.
My birthday present: Physics 333 (wave mechanics) test, Calculus III test, Chemistry 202 test ALL on the same day. My brain was so fried after that. I do recall very clearly sitting on the big oak table in the honors house stacking cherrios vertically that afternoon.
I figured that was a sign from the gods and have treated it as such ever since.

Actually, presenting the birth date is not a good thing with regard to identify theft and fraud. Credit card issuers sometimes make use of the DOB.

Len

The Year field is not mandatory. If you leave it blank, no number shows up.

Barry

Len,

Very true. You are very welcome to enter an incorrect birthdate if you wish. :)

I'm going to be looking for a hack to allow you to choose whether or not you want your b-day displayed, but I have another project in front of that one. :) Stay tuned. :)

I'm 30. (Not all females think the age thing is a big deal!) But I am concerned about the identity theft angle.

I'll always remember which day I took my private checkride, because it was the day before my 30th birthday. The examiner noticed this on the form and wished me a happy birthday. My friends made me a cake with a little die-cast airplane perched on top amongst the candles.

If you ever want to know my weight, I don't mind revealing that either (140 pounds). Especially if you want to figure my W&B because it's my birthday and you want to take me for a ride! :)

--Kath

Due to the concern expressed by several members about privacy and identity theft, the requirement to provide your birthday in your user profile has been removed. You may now go to your User Control panel and clear the birthday fields.

If you choose to leave your birthday visible on your profile, your birthday will still appear on the calendar. Your birthday will not be removed by your profile by us - you must remove the entry yourself.

Please note, new users will still be required to provide a birthday for COPPA (Child Online Privacy and Protection Act) compliance, but will be able to clear the value after registration is complete.

CH
POA Management Team

Maybe I'm going blind, but I don't see the age next to the name. What am I doing wrong?

Nor do you see the date next to the previous post. Holy necropost Batman!!

Back