Cooking at 6Y9

lprellwitz

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iBug
Starting to get gear together for 6Y9 - does anyone plan on doing some outdoor cooking while there?

Leslie

I enjoy cooking over a fire; but, since the stay is so short, it doesn't seem sensible to bring the extra gear. On the other hand, I wonder when the restuarants open up as I really like my morning coffee.

I enjoy cooking over a fire; but, since the stay is so short, it doesn't seem sensible to bring the extra gear. On the other hand, I wonder when the restuarants open up as I really like my morning coffee.

Well Starbucks is usually open by 6am so I expect we could just got to the local Sidnaw Starbucks :eek:;):rofl:

We were trying to figure out whether to buy cooking gear to bring with. Sounds like that's a NO. We did, however, buy the sleeping bags today, and Leslie's got some ideas about a tent.

Wow, I haven't camped out since I was about 10!

Leah can and will bring her propane powered coleman grill thing.

well its fairly small, just one burner I think.

Well, Mom's Kitchen opens up earlier than I am ever up. I think 6am or 7am. I'm always in there at 9 or so and people are already leaving.

Attached is an aerial photo of Sidnaw, and a diagram I made showing the locations of the restaurants and mini-mart/gas station.

Yes, that aerial photo is of the entire town.

For those staying down at our place, we have a fire pit that you can use for cooking, making your own coffee, etc. We do have running water. For those who want to camp at the airport, we are going to *try* and get a fire pit put in, and the water hooked up at the school for the showers. I walked through the school this weekend, and it's a huge mess right now. Dad and his partner are doing work on it as I type this, but I won't know what has been accomplished in that regards, and I will know more on Monday. More details will follow as we get more things accomplished.

Attachments

• sidnawaerial.jpg
    sidnawaerial.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 45
  • sidnawdiagram.jpg
    sidnawdiagram.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 43
my plan is to camp under wing. i thought thats what everyone else was doing

Where will most people camp at?

If it is at the Frederick place how will we get our stuff there?

We will have no fewer than 3 ground vehicles there, plus the 5 ATVs, one of which we can attach a trailer to. Where you decide to place your tent is up to you.

We were planning under the wing, presuming that Brad gets the showers up in time. Leslie's looking at tents right now. We started at REI, then went over to Dick's Sporting Goods and got two sleeping bags and an air mattress for less than we would have paid for a single bag at REI. Love their stuff, but it's all top end. In other words, what you all responded on my Camping Gear thread was right on!

Where will most people camp at?

If it is at the Frederick place how will we get our stuff there?

We were planning on staying BEHIND (smarta$$ tony) the wing at the airport. I guess I didn't realize there were other 'options'. We'll stick with airport accommodations for now, though.

Don't accept any venison from Ed. :goofy:

So Ed.............. if the shower thing at the school doesn't work out give me a heads up. I have a great shower tent and a pool pump. And as long as we can get some power and fire we're golden. :yes:

There is a story there that I am looking forward to hearing!

Ooooh, you missed that one? Short version: This year's Fly-B-Q, a grill, a camera, and a deer leg that Ed found on the ground.

Back