Converting to tri-gear

N

NavByte

Anyone knows how much it normally costs to convert a tail-dragger to tri-gear for RV6/7 or Glasair ?

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

It would be WAY more cost effective to purchase a tricycle gear plane from the get-go.

change TO a nosewheel? You'd have to be smoking something. Figure out how much it costs to get high enough to go on an all-cheeto's diet and install a nosewheel, and that's your cost.

It'd likely be substantially cheaper to get a tail dragger endorsement.

It'd likely be substantially cheaper to get a tail dragger endorsement.
Yes initially but have you seen the accident rates for Glasair taildraggers?

Ok. I heard you guys loud and clear. I was talking to a gentleman the other day and he said the previous owner of his Glasair changed it to a nose gear and the question kept coming to my head about the costs of such a surgical operation.

I agree with Tom about getting training and it is a must for these almost HPs but as Forane mentioned the Glasair TD is hard to handle and has had many accidents. The TD version is about 10 to 15K cheaper on the market. I also talked to Alan Negrin about it and he convinced me not to go for a TD.

Just get a 172 or 150

If you're feeling sporty a Grumman AA5

What's with guys trying to get a airplane that grossly outperforms her pilot??

Just get a 172 or 150

If you're feeling sporty a Grumman AA5

What's with guys trying to get a airplane that grossly outperforms her pilot??

The planes you're suggesting aren't in the same class as a Glasair. If you're going to suggest alternatives, I'd go with an RV, Lancair, or Pulsar.

Back