CONUS Web Site Change

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Someone sent me an email a week or so ago about the web site limit of 75 claims displayed for a pilot. I'm sorry I can't find the email or remember who sent it.

I've changed the site to display the first 275 claims for each pilot. I've also added a small box showing the counts for the pilot under "Pilot Search", for example: http://www.goflyamerica.org/pilot_detail.asp?p=41

You go Barb!

That is better than a couple of emails I got about the challenge.

First let me say I think this is a great idea. I have visited some places that I normally would have flown over. I like meeting people when they are actually at the airport. It has been fun. I am sad that we are not making better progress to getting to all the airports but what the heck, lets have fun.

Back to those emails I got two early one from people complaining that I did not leave any airports for them to fly to. At the time I think I had around 35 claims, not even 1% of the total airports and yet these people could not find any place to go!!!???

Geesh! on Saturday I sat down and mapped out 10 airports in under 30 minutes to go to on Sunday. I got to 9 of them. Used 35 gallons of gas and had a blast! If you cannot find an airport to go to you are not trying. BTW I bow to Barb's greatness!!

I've changed the site to display the first 275 claims for each pilot. I've also added a small box showing the counts for the pilot under "Pilot Search", for example: http://www.goflyamerica.org/pilot_detail.asp?p=41

Thanks Chip!

One more suggestion, though... Can you add the ability to search for fields that are turf-only? In just a few months, many of them will be out of commission for the winter. While I still think it is theoretically possible for us to get the whole shebang done by December, my personal goal is to make sure that all of Wisconsin gets claimed, so in Aug/Sep it's gonna be time to get to all of the turf-only fields so that goal (and the overall one too) can be reached.

Thanks! :yes:

If you cannot find an airport to go to you are not trying.

That's my thinking also. The original idea was to get to all of them in 16 months. It's hard to wait till the last few days, hoping someone will claim a few airports.

This Challenge has been a total blast. I've seen new airports, meet alot of neat people and seen some wonderful countryside. None of the "rules" have been a chore because the whole thing is an adventure!

Barb

Thanks Chip!

One more suggestion, though... Can you add the ability to search for fields that are turf-only?

Kent,

Check your email. I can't (don't have time to) do that on the site but I've sent you a spreadsheet that may help you get started.

I have not been able to get into the web site for over 24 hours now. Is there something going on? Iw as going to do some flying this afternoon and needed to look up some possible places to go. But no joy, just gateway timeouts.

Last edited:
Scott,

I just went there and approved a bunch of claims. Seems to be working fine. You still having problems?

Naw. I just took out the code that read:

If last_name = "Migaldi" then
dont-work
End If

Back