Controlvision AnywhereMap -from the mental archives

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I was cleaning out old (really old, I know) bookmarks/favorites and ran across a few for this in-cockpit device which I used to own 15 years ago.

None of my links worked so I did a search for, and found them! Apparently they still have their software up and it can be put on an ipad.
Anyone using it? (I have no plans to, just curious about this 'past friend').

I recall it being pretty darned detailed, and full of tons of info back in the day. I even took it to Mexico once. It had 'entering runway' audio callouts, you could get weather.
I wonder if they made any money on it.
Looks like they were beat down by Garmin et al, and their all-in-one products.

What happened to Lowrance Airmap and EKP-IV?

Lowrance got out of aviation products many moons ago. Only do marine products now. Really liked my 2000c. Just removed it (had it panel mounted) last winter for a panel upgrade.

Anywheremap was a great product. I had it running on a Dell pda back in the day.

Enjoyed using anywhere map. They had some innovative features at the time: automatic glideslope to any runway and glide circle too, if I recall. I kept waiting for them to implement adsb support, but it never happened and I moved on.

I was cleaning out old (really old, I know) bookmarks/favorites and ran across a few for this in-cockpit device which I used to own 15 years ago.

None of my links worked so I did a search for, and found them! Apparently they still have their software up and it can be put on an ipad.
Anyone using it? (I have no plans to, just curious about this 'past friend').

I recall it being pretty darned detailed, and full of tons of info back in the day. I even took it to Mexico once. It had 'entering runway' audio callouts, you could get weather.
I wonder if they made any money on it.
Looks like they were beat down by Garmin et al, and their all-in-one products.

What happened to Lowrance Airmap and EKP-IV?
I still have a working Airmap ... though the database is about 17 years out of date!

Back