"Controller Lingo"

wilkersk

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
KennyW
Lauran Paine's September "Plane Talk" column was titled "Controller Lingo". -Exactly how I imagine them. The last one on taxi clearance reminds me an awful lot of some of the taxi clearances I've received. Funny stuff!

Lauran Paine's September "Plane Talk" column was titled "Controller Lingo". -Exactly how I imagine them. The last one on taxi clearance reminds me an awful lot of some of the taxi clearances I've received. Funny stuff!
Next time that happens ask for progressive taxi instructions. HA HA HA that should really cause the controller to flip out!

Next time that happens ask for progressive taxi instructions. HA HA HA that should really cause the controller to flip out!
I've done that several times at larger airports when I wasn't sure where the GA terminal or a particular FBO was at on the field. I think they'd rather have you ask than head off on your own without a clue.

I've done that several times at larger airports when I wasn't sure where the GA terminal or a particular FBO was at on the field. I think they'd rather have you ask than head off on your own without a clue.
Can you get a progressive IFR clearance? Asking for a friend

?? So where is it? Ya got a link or something?

From the article:

Controller:
“Taxi to 10L, Tango to Bravo 5, then Bravo to Bravo 7, Tango, Echo 3 to Echo.” Hey guys, come over here. This guy just said “roger” to my taxi clearance, and I doubt he understood anything more than 10L. Betcha a 10-spot he’ll screw it up. His first clue will be when he comes to face-to-face with the 747 eastbound on Tango. I love my job for its entertainment value.

Controllers don’t say “ hey guys, come over here”. If they’re in a tower, they’re already there.

Is she a controller?

Ground: eagle xxxx, taxi hotel yankee yankee whiskey whiskey hotel hold short 18L”

Me: (first leg EVER). Uhhhhhhh......

Capt: just say roger

Me: roger

Ground: hey guys....

Ya, been there, don’t that!

Back