Controller gets 35 years for attempted murder

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
The former air traffic controller at Palwaukee Airport was accused of beating Jendusa-Nicolai with a baseball bat and taking her from Racine to Wheeling, where he locked her in a cold-storage unit

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0508160200aug16,1,3297210.story?coll=chi-news-hed
Free registration required

As I recall he went back to work in the tower after he stuffed her in the 55 gallon drum in the storage locker.

Don't those guys have medical certs? Should we look forward to more new mental evaluation guidelines?

mikea said:
Don't those guys have medical certs? Should we look forward to more new mental evaluation guidelines?
"Mental" is relative. I've met guys that could do this with no problems. Guys you'd never expect it from.

If they are comfortable with it and it's not an issue for them, why would it show up on a mental eval?

Brian Austin said:
"Mental" is relative. I've met guys that could do this with no problems. Guys you'd never expect it from.
Geez, what kind of crowd are you hanging with?

attempted murder? beaten w a baseball bat, locked in a freezer? Tough gal.

jkaduk said:
Geez, what kind of crowd are you hanging with?
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away... ;)

Ancient history at this point. Just saying that there are people in this world who have few, if any, issues with this kind of stuff. They simply don't relate it to human suffering or any kind of 'bad' things like you or I might.

Brian Austin said:
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away... ;)

Ancient history at this point. Just saying that there are people in this world who have few, if any, issues with this kind of stuff. They simply don't relate it to human suffering or any kind of 'bad' things like you or I might.

Hey, you're not in witness protection, are you? :D

I've had a couple 'o controllers almost murder me:hairraise: . How do I file charges ;)

Does clearing me to land on an instrument approach on the opposite runway with other traffic inbound count??

Dave

I remember a controller who was working the tower at an airport in eastern Long Island He shut down the ILS system on a friend of his when the friend was inside the Outer Marker. They had some sort of argument and it grew into some sort of hate between the two. This was in the mid to late 1970s. I do remember so well for I had just flown in two days before and had the same controller. He was not nice. The tower was one of the first privatized contract towers in the US. The pilot who flew the ILS went miss and flew to another field and reported it. The controller lost his job and was charged and convicted of a felony.

Scary stuff got to keep on your toes.

John

Back