Contract pilot suffering

Easy one.

c99bd801-f6ce-7b2a.jpg

Really, really tough one.
BTW, I'm the one on the right.

c99bd801-f727-1fd0.jpg

Should be easy, kind of in the middle of nowhere, though:

IMG_0720-Copy.jpg

Not anywhere I'd want to stop, but it's about halfway between two beautiful places!

Christmas Island, Kiribati ?

(1/2 way between Pago Pago and Hawaii)

Hmm... now I'm beginning to think the location was embedded in the picture, but you are correct. :)

It was not... I just grew up in the Seattle area, did my flight training there, and spent many an afternoon watching planes at Renton. :) Recognized it instantly!

It was not... I just grew up in the Seattle area, did my flight training there, and spent many an afternoon watching planes at Renton. :) Recognized it instantly!
I thought it was interesting seeing such a big airplane take off from such a small airport. We were wondering how high it would be by the end of the runway where they have that barrier. It ended up being quite high. I'm sure they don't carry much fuel, and I hear they leave and never come back.

Yes, I got to fill the tip tanks and wing tanks of the Comanche there. I pumped gas in Michigan! Awesome.

Um, check your map. Clintonville is in Wisconsin - which is just like Czechoslovakia.

Um, check your map. Clintonville is in Wisconsin - which is just like Czechoslovakia.

Well I was in Michigan (in my mind) on that vacation. But sure, to be technical, that was Wisconsin. I'm not used to crossing state lines and going in between like that. CA is so huge I'd have to drive pretty far before hitting another state.

Sorry for the error, haven't had my coffee yet, but MAN you are fast to catch my mistakes!

Well I was in Michigan (in my mind) on that vacation. But sure, to be technical, that was Wisconsin. I'm not used to crossing state lines and going in between like that. CA is so huge I'd have to drive pretty far before hitting another state.

Sorry for the error, haven't had my coffee yet, but MAN you are fast to catch my mistakes!

really? nevada looks to me to be about 250 miles from the pacific ocean along its entire western border

really? nevada looks to me to be about 250 miles from the pacific ocean along its entire western border

One word for you: traffic.

Some days after work, even to get home which is less than 5 miles from here, I'm in neutral or first gear, stop and go on the freeway.

One of the downsides to living here.

thanks for the reminder. chalk one up for kansas

Christmas Island, Kiribati ?

(1/2 way between Pago Pago and Hawaii)

Wake Island, headed eastbound towards HI. Not the most isolated place, but definitely out in the middle of nowhere.

Man! That looks like some rough work right there. I hope you pull through ok! Don't let your self become to fatigued!

Back