Continuing Education--what's your favorite?

rt4388

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rt4388
Hey guys! Just looking to see what you all use for continuing to build a pilot knowledge base. I don't really want to read the PHAK again so I'm curious what medium/website/book/etc. you've learned a lot from.

I take as many webinars as possible, whether Wings credit is given or not. For example Sporty’s has an aviation Weather Webnar tomorrow that is covering weather products from ADSB. If you have not signed up for the Wings program, do so since they will send you notices of webinars and live seminars. Depending on where you live, there may also be lots of local seminars that provide a wealth of information. Finally, I review videos on line, mostly from AOPA. Lots of free or nearly free stuff out there is you want to find it.

I do webinars, use Gleim and Kersner as reference books, and take a CFI renewal course every 2 years. Then there's POA where you can learn good stuff, and stuff you don't wanna know about, and stuff no one should know about. I'm an active CFI so I keep up on stuff too, and working with my students. Stuff is good.

Last edited:
Magazines - Flying, AOPA, EAA pubs. As new tech, regs, and best practices emerge (which are usually decades old stuff, just renamed) the aviation press is quick to write about it. I've used King's instrument refresher, but that's more memory lane than building new knowledge.

Honestly, the primary body of book knowledge for GA is pretty finite, unless you like to delve deep into weather, aerodynamics, electrons, adminsitrivia, etc.

Credible YouTube videos such as Mzero and Gold Seal etc.

And of course reading POA. :)

Back