Continential 0200/0300 new design cylinders and real gaskets pushrod tubes

Leo O'Farrell

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Leo O'Farrell
Hi all,

Had a real gaskets kit installed at significant expense, but it didn't stop the leak. So, pulled the six cylinders and drove them to Lycon. After cleaning, they are finding the cylinders (4TCM, 2 ECI) to all have cracks in the head area.

My questions is if I order the Continential new design cylinders, are these new designs compatible with the real gaskets kit? If not it'd drive the expense higher to get the continential pushrod tube kit.

I don't have a picture of the new design cylinder, but here's what the real gaskets kit looks like.
converts it to an "independently serviceable" spring loaded pushrod tube system, similar to IO-470, IO-520, and IO-550 continental engines. It also allows access and service to the lifters.

lomrgt.jpg
bwcolorpush.gif

OK got the answer from Chris at real gaskets they don't work, need to buy the new design and kit. The tubes are more like an 10360 than 0300.

I've allways wondered why all engines don't have the spring loaded pushrod tubes as a matter of OEM.

I've allways wondered why all engines don't have the spring loaded pushrod tubes as a matter of OEM.

Because they don't need them when the people stop handling the cylinders by the tubes.

Back