Contest Giveaway

p8cleared2land said:
Well, I'm in...I love coffee and I'm going cruising for ugly.
Me too.

So this is what I found today at my home airport. There are no real derelicts here because tie-down spots are too pricey. Besides, as someone else pointed out, derelicts are sad, not necessarily ugly.

But this airplane flies, in fact I believe you can buy yourself a ride in it if you want. I understand the theme they were getting at. People in this state are weirdy fond of their green and white license plate design. It crops up everywhere. Here's what the real thing looks like. Still...

Attachments

• Ugly (1).jpg
    Ugly (1).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 42
  • Ugly (2).jpg
    Ugly (2).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 10
It sure is sad to see all those airplanes just rotting away to scrap. I have spoken to people at a couple of fields who were insulted that I would even inquire about buying their pride and joy. Even whe it hasn't flown in years, the interior is gutted, the tires are flat, etc., etc.

Makes ya wonder about some folks mental state......

W.O'Boogie said:
It sure is sad to see all those airplanes just rotting away to scrap. I have spoken to people at a couple of fields who were insulted that I would even inquire about buying their pride and joy. Even whe it hasn't flown in years, the interior is gutted, the tires are flat, etc., etc.

Makes ya wonder about some folks mental state......

Sure does. Someone let a Yak go to rot at Blue Ash over a $2000 maintenance bill. But they wouldn't sell it. Last time I was at the airport, it was rotting, with the fabric gone on some of the control surfaces.

Gotta wonder.

I'm not flying as much as I used to ('cause I'm still looking for work). Gonna have to make the hard decision sometime this fall if I don't find the right job opportunity.....

I'm glad that everybody ended up okay after that piper crash. Planes can be replaced, people can't!
Still I love this part of the NTSB report:

"He reported that he intentionally kept his speed between 75 and 80 miles per hour during the landing to match the speed of the traffic on the highway. "

flykelley said:
One more plane at PTK that I have never seen leave the ground. How sad indeed.

Regards Mike

Aww. That airplane is in desperate need of a loving family to adopt it. :(

Congrats to EverSkyWard (Mari) and OneShort (Barb) for winning the challange!!!

Mari is #1 - the more I learn about the company that owns/operates the plane she submitted not only is it ugly but humors too!!!

And, Barb has to get runner up, that is just horrible looking but it flyes and at 3000 ft who can tell!

Please message me with your mailing addresses and the prizes will go out in the mail!

Thanks for playing along!

Back