Contest Giveaway

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
Greetings everyone!

I am going to give away a prize package (designer coffees, Cape area specialties, Tee Shirts, etc.) to the winner of the following contest:

Ugliest Plane at your home airport challange!

The rules are simple...Take your camera with you when you go fly...snap a pic of the ugliest plane at your field...post it in this thread and I will pick the winner.

As the owner of a rather ugly plane (but like some of my girlfriends...tough on the eyes but a great ride) -enough with the male humor- I just want to see what else is lurking at your home fields.

I will announce the winner August 15 and send you the prize package!

Any questions let me know.

Whoohooo! I'm goin' cruisin' for ugly planes today! Kinda like the high school days when we would toss some corn in the back of the truck, head down to Nebraska and go cruisin' for dates!

(I'm almost ashamed I wrote that... almost! ... Uh, it was my cousins that did that, not me! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.)

See other post regarding Hippie quiz.

Does it have to be flyable?

Any extra points for "irony"? (you'll understand once I find the picture)

CapeCodJay said:
Greetings everyone!

I am going to give away a prize package (designer coffees, Cape area specialties, Tee Shirts, etc.) to the winner of the following contest:

Ugliest Plane at your home airport challange!

The rules are simple...Take your camera with you when you go fly...snap a pic of the ugliest plane at your field...post it in this thread and I will pick the winner.

As the owner of a rather ugly plane (but like some of my girlfriends...tough on the eyes but a great ride) -enough with the male humor- I just want to see what else is lurking at your home fields.

I will announce the winner August 15 and send you the prize package!

Any questions let me know.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an ugly airplane. Gaudy...yes. Neglected...certainly. Homely...perhaps. Ugly...I can't recall one.

Frank Browne said:
I'm not sure I've ever seen an ugly airplane. Gaudy...yes. Neglected...certainly. Homely...perhaps. Ugly...I can't recall one.

Well, there are those Tigers/Cheetahs, but even they kind of grow on you :rofl:

The plane DOES NOT have to be flyable -- anything you think that looks terrible can qualify!

Judging by the post already this could prove to be painful lol

Have fun!!!

Does it have to be my current home airport?!? There is not much here that is ULGY. But I know of one that would still be parked at my old home airport in MI. I think I may be able to get a picture...

Missa

OK it doesn't even have to be your home airport -- just nothing from the internet please.

Just trying to get you to snap a pic when you are out flying. See what you come across in your travels or what lives in some of your home fields.

Ok, it would be a freind snaping the pic since I'm not going to get back there till November. FlyKelly, no going to Ray and snapping a picture of the pink monster, it's mine!

Missa

CapeCodJay said:
OK it doesn't even have to be your home airport -- just nothing from the internet please.

Just trying to get you to snap a pic when you are out flying. See what you come across in your travels or what lives in some of your home fields.

Now you tell me! There were lots of opportunities to take pictures of really ugly airplanes at OshKosh yesterday.

Here is one I saw last summer in Jackpot, NV. It has the most butt ugly paint job I've seen :eek: , but at least it flies.

Barb

Attachments

• Ugly Plane.jpg
    Ugly Plane.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 83
One Short said:
Here is one I saw last summer in Jackpot, NV. It has the most butt ugly paint job I've seen :eek: , but at least it flies.

Barb

And let the games begin. That is one ugly airplane....

nah she's a thing o beauty compared to my "julie" :)

Barb is the first offical poster! Its on :)

One Short said:

Barb

*GASP* I flew to Jackpot last summer, and at first glance that looked like my rental airplane! Similar color scheme, but the paint on little 20CT is much better.

Phew. Well, I'm in...I love coffee and I'm going cruising for ugly.

Can I use a picture from a couple of years ago? If so I think I've got this won.:yes:

This isn't exactly General Aviation, and it isn't at an airport. It is an internet photo, so it doesn't count for the contest. But it sure is ugly!

-Skip

Attachments

• ekranoplan.jpg
    ekranoplan.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 57
Missa said:
Ok, it would be a freind snaping the pic since I'm not going to get back there till November. FlyKelly, no going to Ray and snapping a picture of the pink monster, it's mine!

Missa
Thats ok Missa
Im looking for a old C 172 I used to fly in Flint. It was purple and the controllers in FNT called it Barney. Barney cleared for the ILS 27, man was that plane butt ugly but everybody knews its name.

Regards Mike

Last edited:
Skip Miller said:
This isn't exactly General Aviation, and it isn't at an airport. It is an internet photo, so it doesn't count for the contest. But it sure is ugly!

-Skip

What kinda plane is that Skip?

I see how it is Rob!!

Well at least you are a fellow "high winger" so I have to be somewhat nice to you :)

BTW 83J doesn't count as a submission Rob!

CapeCodJay said:
I see how it is Rob!!

Well at least you are a fellow "high winger" so I have to be somewhat nice to you :)

BTW 83J doesn't count as a submission Rob!
:p

She's a beaut.

Here is a old bird for you to look at.

Regards Mike

Attachments

• old planes PTK 003.jpg
    old planes PTK 003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
gkainz said:
That's just sad, not ugly... :(
Yes Greg I have to agree with you, I have several more pictures from around PTK and will post later.

Regards Mike

Here is another forgotten plane at PTK

Attachments

• old planes PTK 2.jpg
    old planes PTK 2.jpg
    880.2 KB · Views: 19
A old piper that lost a wing

Attachments

• old planes PTK wrecked.jpg
    old planes PTK wrecked.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 31
One more plane at PTK that I have never seen leave the ground. How sad indeed.

Regards Mike

Attachments

• old planes PTK piper.jpg
    old planes PTK piper.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 29
Here is my entry. A 112A last flown in 1978

Attachments

• ugly plane.JPG
    ugly plane.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 42
JRitt said:
I bet that was a nice bird in its day, sad to see planes rot away on the ramp.

Regards Mike

JRitt said:
I just checked the FAA site and that bird is a 1976. Hard to belive that people just let there planes sit there and don't fly them.

Regards Mike

The owner was involved in a divorce and was ordered to sell it and give half the proceeds to his wife and he could not fly it untill it was sold. He said over my dead body.

JRitt said:
The owner was involved in a divorce and was ordered to sell it and give half the proceeds to his wife and he could not fly it untill it was sold. He said over my dead body.
Looks like his plane is dead and worthless now.

Regards Mike

JRitt said:
I feel for the guy. Bet even IF he could fly it, he couldn't afford to.
Some things are just unfair.

JRitt said:

:eek:

THAT'S AEROPLANE MURDER! :hairraise:

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

If you're going to just let it fall apart or don't want the thing, sell it for 25 cents or just give it away. There's no valid reason to deliberately murder a perfectly good airplane.

My nomination for ugly: (several gallons of epoxy/resin, a rocket motor and a couple tv's)

Attachments

• Cirrus.jpg
    Cirrus.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 37
Back