Consumer SUV and eVTOL...is it realistic?

Need it as a 3-wheel to skirt all the road safety requirements in the US if they want to sell it here. A 3 wheeler classed as a motorcycle could stand a chance, and keep the weight way down.

Electric may be the power supply of the future. But the whole car/plane thing is science fiction. Could you make it work? Probably. But I've got enough problems with hangar rash as it is. Could you imagine parking this thing at a grocery store? GA has enough problems with current manufacturers not having a market. This wouldn't add many to the market.

Electric may be the power supply of the future. But the whole car/plane thing is science fiction. Could you make it work? Probably. But I've got enough problems with hangar rash as it is. Could you imagine parking this thing at a grocery store? GA has enough problems with current manufacturers not having a market. This wouldn't add many to the market.

About all the "car" I'd like to have is something that'll let me taxi from the runway to the hangar without adding to my rental hourly cost... Like an electric tug in the wheels. THAT would be really nice, especially at larger fields.

About all the "car" I'd like to have is something that'll let me taxi from the runway to the hangar without adding to my rental hourly cost... Like an electric tug in the wheels. THAT would be really nice, especially at larger fields.
I think Boeing tried that but it failed the stall test and that why it had MCAS. I think they are going to put a chute on it like cirrus did to get certified

“Deliveries are expected to start in 2026”... assuming some as yet unspecified huge leaps in battery and motor technologies and some miraculous regulatory wins.

About as likely as Eclipse selling 1,000 light jets for air taxis.

Oh, wait.

Back