Connecting your iPad aviation map to Xplane or FSX

That is cool! I was just thinking of how it would be neat if such a product existed. While flying x-plane and manually tracking along with foreflight.

Yea, there are very cheap software solutions for this that appear to do the same thing, but over wifi instead of a cable.

brandon said:
Yea, there are very cheap software solutions for this that appear to do the same thing, but over wifi instead of a cable.

It was the comments on the Cygnus announcement that led me to the cable. I don't care about having a cable going from my PC to the iPad when I'm at home sim flying... certainly not worth a couple hundred more to go WiFi with the simulated position signal. Already have cables for the pedals and yoke!

Xplane will connect to Foreflight and WingX using the wi-fi link. I have been flying Xplane with WingX for about a month now. It is unbelievable how much you are able to learn about the software when you can fly simulated flights with the iPad believing you are in a real environment. I'm still in the Demo time period with WingX, connected to Xplane I get GPS, Geo-referenced charts, AHRS, basically there is everything in the flight sim except for any ADS-B (that would be really cool to see the weather displayed) and traffic Xaon...

My demo is over Jan 8, I'll be subscribing to all on xplane but the AHRS (since I don't have a AHRS device). I will update here after that time to let you know if AHRS stays available in Xplane.

Felix,
Just wanted to say Thank you for the app. Works great with FSX.. very helpful learning my way around Foreflight a little more.

I'd like to echo Drew's comments. I installed Felix' application and now have FSX running with ForeFlight. Easy to setup!

Only cost was EUR 24 (~ $32.50 USD) to register FSUIPC through SimMarket.com. Note that the page for downloading FSUIPC says you'll need the WideClient module from WideFS as well; I didn't find that I needed it for Felix' app to function.

Thanks, Felix, this was great!

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble installing FlightSimGPS? I'm on win7 x64 and the installation goes immediately from the "Ready to install.." page to the Completed page with a message that the install was interrupted.

i've tryed to install as admin and with different compatibility modes.

anyone run into this?

thanks all,
-ryan

Back