Connecting Bose A20 to iPhone 6 via cable

Rykymus

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rykymus
Has anyone had any luck with a lightning cable to go from the port on an iPhone 6 to the music plug on a Bose A20 headset? I've tried the little adapters from several manufactures, and while they work for about a minute and a half, the eventually stop working and give me an error message saying that the device is not supported. (And yes, I've tried all the fixes I could find online.)

I would like to listen to music on long XCs. I'm almost to the point of buying a separate mp3 player.

Oh Snap! Dude, that will work on my Ridgeline as well. Sweet. Ordering now. Thanks!

That does seem like a cool device, even if I don't know where to use it yet.

It works very well so far and is surprisingly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any luck with a lightning cable to go from the port on an iPhone 6 to the music plug on a Bose A20 headset? I've tried the little adapters from several manufactures, and while they work for about a minute and a half, the eventually stop working and give me an error message saying that the device is not supported. (And yes, I've tried all the fixes I could find online.)

I would like to listen to music on long XCs. I'm almost to the point of buying a separate mp3 player.

I'm confused...you want to use a Lightning (USB) cable to connect an iPhone 6 to the A20? The iPhone 6 has a standard 3.5mm TRRS port on it, so a TRRS cable should be sufficient. It's on the iPhone 7 that they dropped the 3.5mm headphone port, and one has to use the Lightning to Headphone adapter. What adapters are you trying to use? The A20 should have come with a TRRS to TRRS 3.5mm cable (like an Aux cable but with an extra conductor).

My bad. I meant 7. I wish I still had my 6.

Back