Congratulations!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Well my one main student from this last spring/summer over in Cedar Rapids got his private license yesterday. Nick Paxton is probably at least he newest PP in Iowa still. And he supposedly has registered here, so maybe this will pull him out of the woodwork. Good work Nick!

Congratulations to YOU, too, Tony on the job well done!

:cheers:

heh thanks mike, im just hoping to get through today. Have a guy doing his IR checkride right now in his 421. It has been fun flying with him in it, pretty nice going really fast, but dang its hard to teach stuff when you are moving 3 miles a minute. And after today, no more checkrides for a while, I need a break! :)

tonycondon said:
heh thanks mike, im just hoping to get through today. Have a guy doing his IR checkride right now in his 421. It has been fun flying with him in it, pretty nice going really fast, but dang its hard to teach stuff when you are moving 3 miles a minute. And after today, no more checkrides for a while, I need a break! :)

Were you out doing approaches over here at Boone in the 421 last night? I kept hearing a twin flying overhead. Mom and dad flew up for dinner yesterday and departed just as the twin was going overhead once.

Hopefully you don't want to wait TOO long for another checkride. ;) Due to work, I probably won't get the plane up here till after Labor Day. We had a guy quit last week on the day we got news of upcoming "Site Inspections" coming first week of Sept, so it's gonna be pretty long days at work for the next week. After that, though, things should slow down and we can do some flying... FINALLY!!!!!

-Chris

yep that was us at about 8 or 830 last night chris. if it sounded funny, it was because one engine was simulated failed. yes im a cruel instructor ;) You know...if you need someone to fly the plane up from moline, i bet I can help :):):) Keep me updated, will fly with as much as I can as soon as you can.

Oh and I also was over boone in the glider yesterday early afternoon, will post about it when i get time. Have to get going to class now ugh

And I just got word that my student in the 421 did pass his IR ride, so congratulations to Matt Eller on his rating.

tonycondon said:
And I just got word that my student in the 421 did pass his IR ride, so congratulations to Matt Eller on his rating.

Huh... I know that guy.. Used to go to church with him. I didn't know he was a flyer!? And obviously a flyer with a nice plane. :) *DOH!*

-Chris

tonycondon said:
yep that was us at about 8 or 830 last night chris. if it sounded funny, it was because one engine was simulated failed. yes im a cruel instructor ;) You know...if you need someone to fly the plane up from moline, i bet I can help :):):) Keep me updated, will fly with as much as I can as soon as you can.

Oh and I also was over boone in the glider yesterday early afternoon, will post about it when i get time. Have to get going to class now ugh

Yep.. I remember hearing the engines sounding 'weird'. Dad was taxiing out to leave and I noticed that someone turned on the rwy lights then I saw ya'll coming in from the north. Then I heard the engine(s) sounding 'wound up' so I figured ya'll were gonna do an overhead break for 15. :D Oh well... Small world..

Didn't ever see the glider.. Saw one over Ames earlier sunday (around 3ish) and the tow plane coming back in to land there. Were you in the glider or plane at that point?

-Chris

By 3 I was sitting in an alfalfa field southwest of Ames. I was over boone around 130 probably. There was quite a bit of flying going on at ames, as the afternoon went on, the soaring got better, I was just in the wrong place at wrong time. Im posting about it now.

tonycondon said:
Well my one main student from this last spring/summer over in Cedar Rapids got his private license yesterday. Nick Paxton is probably at least he newest PP in Iowa still. And he supposedly has registered here, so maybe this will pull him out of the woodwork. Good work Nick!
Congrats to you and Nick, Tony!

Back