Congratulations

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Just got word from an old student of mine in Ames that he passed his PP checkride yesterday. Tom didnt start his flight training until he was in his early 70s. He struggled a lot to solo, had big consistency problems. When I got him he was right on the verge and with a little work I had him off and flying. Then one day while he was on a 7 mile run he had a little bit of chest pain. turns out it was a slight murmur. He did the "right" thing and reported it to the FAA which of course promptly suspended his medical. This began an ongoing fight of monthly blood tests and a final stress test to get it back. Then it was only for limited duration (6 months or a year i think) and the same rigomorole to get it back. Tom was the perfect student in that he never let all these setbacks slow him down. Couldnt solo? well we will knock out all those dual requirements then. Work on the written, read the Jepp book again, etc. I havent flown with him since last fall so of course I didnt get to sign him off but I am mighty happy and proud that he made it.

tonycondon said:
Just got word from an old student of mine in Ames that he passed his PP checkride yesterday. Tom was the perfect student in that he never let all these setbacks slow him down. Couldnt solo? well we will knock out all those dual requirements then. Work on the written, read the Jepp book again, etc. I havent flown with him since last fall so of course I didnt get to sign him off but I am mighty happy and proud that he made it.
Tony that's a great story. Such perseverance. We could learn from him. :)

Great story. You should post that to the red board. There are a few older students there that are having problems with their progress. They might benefit from the perseverance of this gentleman.

What a touching story. Makes me want to go out and finish this time. I WILL FINISH THIS TIME!!!!!

btw...that hot date tonight tony is with my instructor...hah hah hah.

HPNFlyGirl said:
What a touching story. Makes me want to go out and finish this time. I WILL FINISH THIS TIME!!!!!

btw...that hot date tonight tony is with my instructor...hah hah hah.

You can do it !!! "Never give up, never Surrender !"

tonycondon said:
Just got word from an old student of mine in Ames that he passed his PP checkride yesterday. Tom didnt start his flight training until he was in his early 70s. He struggled a lot to solo, had big consistency problems. When I got him he was right on the verge and with a little work I had him off and flying. Then one day while he was on a 7 mile run he had a little bit of chest pain. turns out it was a slight murmur. He did the "right" thing and reported it to the FAA which of course promptly suspended his medical. This began an ongoing fight of monthly blood tests and a final stress test to get it back. Then it was only for limited duration (6 months or a year i think) and the same rigomorole to get it back. Tom was the perfect student in that he never let all these setbacks slow him down. Couldnt solo? well we will knock out all those dual requirements then. Work on the written, read the Jepp book again, etc. I havent flown with him since last fall so of course I didnt get to sign him off but I am mighty happy and proud that he made it.

Way to go, all of you persisting to final success in those cumbersome, PITA situations. Congrats and enjoy your valuable goals safely.

Nice story, Tony. Perhaps, if I send him my Prop. Safety photo it might further inspire him. Ya think? :eek:)))))))))

HR

haha i doubt it, he is a pretty righteous christian and would likely be offended.

Back