Congratulations, Trip!

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
I first met Trip Taylor when I was considering the purchase of a Cirrus. We both lived in S. Florida and through COPA (Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association) he offered me a flight in his SR22. Long story short, that led me to the purchase of a demo SR22, and we both together went to Duluth for CSIP training. And we’ve remained friends since. In fact, he bought several acres adjacent to mine at the airstrip in Lenoir City, TN where we built our “pole barn”, and will soon break ground on his own airport digs here.

Anyway, Trip is right now at the annual Cirrus Migration in New Orleans, where he’s just been installed as the new president of COPA. He’s also one of the best Cirrus instructors out there, and recently got type rated in the Cirrus Jet. I’m quite proud of him.

Here’s me and Trip flying low one day in the N GA mountains (Trip on the left):

48920324388_9a0f8d51d0.jpg

Disclaimer: neither of us are actual rapers.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.... Interesting business name right above your head in that pic. Just what sort of establishment were you guys patronizing, anyway?

:)

Edited to add: just noticed your disclaimer. Not sure I’m buying it, though... :D

I first met Trip Taylor when I was considering the purchase of a Cirrus. We both lived in S. Florida and through COPA (Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association) he offered me a flight in his SR22. Long story short, that led me to the purchase of a demo SR22, and we both together went to Duluth for CSIP training. And we’ve remained friends since. In fact, he bought several acres adjacent to mine at the airstrip in Lenoir City, TN where we built our “pole barn”, and will soon break ground on his own airport digs here.

Anyway, Trip is right now at the annual Cirrus Migration in New Orleans, where he’s just been installed as the new president of COPA. He’s also one of the best Cirrus instructors out there, and recently got type rated in the Cirrus Jet. I’m quite proud of him.

Here’s me and Trip flying low one day in the N GA mountains (Trip on the left):

48920324388_9a0f8d51d0.jpg

Disclaimer: neither of us are actual rapers.

Which one of you has the Rotch Crocket and which the Knobbymobile?

Which one of you has the Rotch Crocket and which the Knobbymobile?

Actually, they were both mine. From the helmets, looks like I was on the “Knobbymobile”. No longer have the DRZ-400S, but the Buell is still a hoot after all these years - it’s a 2003 XB9R Firebolt.

Actually, they were both mine. From the helmets, looks like I was on the “Knobbymobile”. No longer have the DRZ-400S, but the Buell is still a hoot after all these years - it’s a 2003 XB9R Firebolt.

Lol. I was wondering if the Guy in leathers was on the dirt bike and the dude in jeans was on the twisty mobile:)

Always liked the buells

Wonder what it costs to become a circus CFI, as I recall they charge a pretty good rate, wouldn’t mind some of that on the side.

I also like date Buells. Pity what happened. Nice to hear about good guys doing well.

Back