Congratulations TedR3!! First Solo 8-8-10

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Just recieved an email from Ted, a new student at Wings Field (KLOM) saying he SOLO'D today!! Three TO/Landings and a Go-Around!!

Congratulations to TED!!

Hopefully he'll post some details later today!!

Great Job! :thumbsup:

First solo? Congratulations! That is always an exciting milestone.

Thanks Rob, and thanks for the advice and encouragement along the way.

The solo was actually kind of a uneventful. Thinking/worrying about the solo was more stressful than actually doing it. As soon as I starting taxiing down to 24 after Kevin got out, I felt strangely calm.

The first two landings were cake.

On the third, I was very high as I came over the fence and 10kts fast. I figured that was a recipe for floating/ballooning and (unwarranted) concern about running out of runway. So I went around. As soon as I got a positive rate of climb established and made my radio call, a Bonanza announced a cross-wind entry into the pattern, which concerned me. But he entered midfield behind me, so all was OK. The landing was the worst of the three - I was a little frazzled - but me and the plane were undamaged.

Also, I need to get a new t-shirt, ‘cause the one I was wearing has a big hole in the back now.

Also, I need to get a new t-shirt, ‘cause the one I was wearing has a big hole in the back now.
:D:D:D:cheerswine:

Sounds Great Ted. Glad I could help and I'm more than willing to continue helping as you move onward to the XC flights! Great work, and good decision making on that third time around. We'll have to catch up sometime this week.

Sounds like you got some learning in too. Congratulations and keep it up!

Nice work!!! Soloing should be like a hole-in-one in golf, the pilot has to buy the drinks :cheers:

Tim

Back