Congratulations Jason

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
..another instrument pilot in our ranks.

Congrats Jason and congrats to you to Jesse. Is this your first sign off?

Hell Ya congrats Jason and Jesse!

I thought you meant this ^^^^^ Jason.

Nicely done, both of you.

Thanks, everyone. This rating has been a goal of mine for the last 15 years. Special thanks to Jesse for working so hard to get me through it. He is a phenomenal instructor. The checkride was a piece of cake after some of our lessons.

He posted a picture to facebook after one of our lessons.

261240_1816475613072_1275540023_31639431_7525643_n.jpg

You have a terrific teacher, Jason. You saw how Jesse threaded the needle on the trip home to Peoria. He teaches judgement, too :).

There is a time to stay OUT of the clouds as well. :)

Congratulations all 'round.

Jesse, I'm only half-joking and that could become NOT joking very easily, if circumstances would allow it... I'd love to come up there and hammer out my Instrument with you in a very short timeframe. Eat, sleep, and drink the IFR ticket. I'd do it.

I'm tired of not having it done, but also not having the time to focus on it.

I don't do the "let's spread this out over years" thing very well, and I was 100% prepared to do a 10-day thing here locally, right up until I got the new job and lost my 5 weeks of vacation time a year. Now I have 2. Most of that will go to OSH, 'cause I'm getting in OSH every year that I can, no matter what... it's something I promised myself after last year.

I also promised myself I wouldn't let another Instrument Written expire. It's going to really **** me off if I can't keep that promise again.

The rest of the circumstances of the new job are a net positive, but it left my IFR goal completely twisting in the wind, pun intended I suppose.

Jesse has shown here on PoA that he's the kind of conscientious instructor who really gives a damn about teaching students, and frankly -- you guys are hard to find.

(As have other instructors much further away from here than Jesse.)

The one I really know and trust here in DEN is way too busy to tailor a "hammer time" syllabus for me... he'd be screwing up all sorts of other commitments that are more "9 to 5'ish" that I know he must keep.

So again, congrats. I wanna go get that ticket worse than anything else right now, but can't seem to make the puzzle pieces of my schedule fit it. I'm watching for any opportunity to pounce on it, but it's probably next year... sigh...

Congrats to both of you!

I wouldn't even call that picture partial panel...whaddya got, a ball and a compass card?

Congrats to both of you!

I wouldn't even call that picture partial panel...whaddya got, a ball and a compass card?

He didn't take my airspeed or altimeter away from me until I had the hood off. It was about midnight at that point and he wanted to see me circle and land without them.

The one thing you can't see from the pic is that he failed the 430 while I was at about 400 ft on the ILS. I had to do some juggling to get it climbing and to the MAP in order to fly the missed. Then I had to fly the rest of the lesson without it.

Thanks, everyone. This rating has been a goal of mine for the last 15 years. Special thanks to Jesse for working so hard to get me through it. He is a phenomenal instructor. The checkride was a piece of cake after some of our lessons.

He posted a picture to facebook after one of our lessons.

261240_1816475613072_1275540023_31639431_7525643_n.jpg

Did Jesse run out of simulated instrument failure circles? I still see a couple instruments.

Congratulations, Jason... that is a big accomplishment! It seems that Jesse can make even instrument flying fun since you have such a good attitude about it. I saw that photo on FB and can see that he ran out of instrument covers and had to start improvising while doing PP approaches. How nice. Enjoy your new rating! :)

Regarding that picture, what did you do for altitude reference?

Congratulations all 'round.

Jesse, I'm only half-joking and that could become NOT joking very easily, if circumstances would allow it... I'd love to come up there and hammer out my Instrument with you in a very short timeframe. Eat, sleep, and drink the IFR ticket. I'd do it.
Would love to do it. I have a job and all but can fly all weekend, in the morning, and evening/night. Lay the schedule out "just so" and it could be taken care of pretty quickly.

I'm tired of not having it done, but also not having the time to focus on it.
Completely understand. It took me a few years of wanting my instrument before I finally did it. It really changed the way I flew cross country.
I don't do the "let's spread this out over years" thing very well, and I was 100% prepared to do a 10-day thing here locally, right up until I got the new job and lost my 5 weeks of vacation time a year. Now I have 2. Most of that will go to OSH, 'cause I'm getting in OSH every year that I can, no matter what... it's something I promised myself after last year.
Well, if you have the room, pick me up on the way there and we can knock some of it out :)

I also promised myself I wouldn't let another Instrument Written expire. It's going to really **** me off if I can't keep that promise again.
When does it expire?

Well, if you have the room, pick me up on the way there and we can knock some of it out :)

Ahhh, you're killin' me here... now I have thoughts of calling up Doug and seeing if we could take a detour... :rofl:

Ahhh, you're killin' me here... now I have thoughts of calling up Doug and seeing if we could take a detour... :rofl:

You should do it. SO GLAD that I'm finally done. I've had my PPL for 15+ years and the IA was the eternal "next year" goal.

From me too... I should be following you shortly... a few weeks tops. It's all up to the airplane gods now.

I soooo can't wait.

Back