Congratulations, Ashley!

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
Bromley_PrivatePilot_web.jpg

Congratulations to my newest Private Pilot, Ashley Bromley! She passed her private pilot checkride with flying colors and glowing remarks from the DPE (pictured with Ashley!)

Last edited:
Congratulations!! How cool, just before Christmas - now you can help Santa deliver the goods ;)

(I see snow on the ground.... brrrrr...)

What a great Christmas gift That won't break or need to be returned
Way to go!

Unless, of course, the FAA wants to ramp check you and then you realize your weight and balance is missing. Bye bye PPL. Haha just kidding.

Congratulations Ashly! I love to see more and more female pilots!

Congratulations Ashley! I would hope one of my daughters will learn to fly some day.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Congratulations Ashley! I would hope one of my daughters will learn to fly some day.

Thanks for the inspiration!

I hope you realize your dream! I had the privilege of teaching my son to fly last year and it was, truly, a dream come true.

My son is friends with Ashley and she is bugging him to join her in going for their instrument ratings next summer. They can fly safety pilot for each other and both build some time. I'm hoping she can motivate him to do it. I'm just his dad so I don't have much say! ;)

BTW, the little 150 pictured is actually her own plane. She bought it with her father last summer to learn to fly.

Congratulations to you and your student? How old is she?

She just turned 20 this week. She had thought about trying to do her ride on her birthday, but then decided if she failed it would ruin her birthday! The weather wasn't cooperative, either.

She's a happy camper now.

If anyone based at El Monte, Brackett or somewhere close would like to be an aviation mentor, Ashley is headed out to Asuza Pacific next week for spring semester and will be missing "Little Blue", her C150. Helping her get a a flying "fix" occasionally would be a real blessing.

Congratulations to both of you and that is a nice composite picture you made!

Congratulations to both of you and that is a nice composite picture you made!

Thank you. I hadn't planned it but as she took off I had my iPad in hand and quickly snapped a photo with it. Since it was handy I took the one of the two of them when they came back. I sent her an 8x10 version as a little commemorative of the event.

Congratulations!

I feel as if a lot of people have been passing check rides lately. Is this a normal rate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congratulations!

I feel as if a lot of people have been passing check rides lately. Is this a normal rate?

Overall flight training is down. The DPE commented yesterday that the FAA has typically averaged 3,000 commercial licenses each year. This year they are around the 500 mark. He believes the periodically threatened pilot shortage might actually happen this time. He also doesn't think they'll follow the ICAO age 70 rule, which will make the problem worse. The bought five years when they bumped it from 60 to 65 a four(?) years ago.

Ashley is my third private in three months, plus one instrument. There are several more in the works but most aren't as dedicated or motivated as these four were.

If anyone based at El Monte, Brackett or somewhere close would like to be an aviation mentor, Ashley is headed out to Asuza Pacific next week for spring semester and will be missing "Little Blue", her C150. Helping her get a a flying "fix" occasionally would be a real blessing.

We are a little far away (5hrs by car) but we love to have her join us for a weekend of soaring.

I'm sure if she stays in SoCal, "Little Blue" may migrate.

She just turned 20 this week. She had thought about trying to do her ride on her birthday, but then decided if she failed it would ruin her birthday! The weather wasn't cooperative, either.

She's a happy camper now.

Tell Ashley to call me. Don't worry, its not creepy. I'm the same age.

If she wants help moving the 152 I'm sure she will find a few pilots willing to coach her along.

I thought about that but her dad wants to start on his instrument rating in it while she's at school.

Thanks Jonesy, for adding another pilot to our ranks. I appreciate those of you who dedicate themselves to teaching others. God bless you.

Back