Congrats Kent!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Just got a call from Kent. He passed his Commercial checkride about a half hour ago. He came down for the weekend to finish up the training. Hopefully he posts the blow by blow report here. Good work! :cheers:

Awesome Kent! Congrats! It seemed like you had a good feel for things last night, I had no worries. :)

Did you remember to take the video camera or at least voice recorder for the oral for me?? :D

Congratulations Kent, and Tony too! :cheerswine:

Congrats, Kent.

The satisfaction of a job well done. :)

Congrats Kent. Hopefully I'll be doing mine before spring.

Woo Hoo!!!!

See, unemployment DOES have its benefits!

Awesome Kent!! Now where is the write up???:dunno::D

Good job, Kent!

congrats! will the writeup be as interesting as the grand adventure?

--david

Great job, Kent! Can't wait to hear the blow-by-blow.

Awesome Kent! Congrats! It seemed like you had a good feel for things last night, I had no worries. :)

Did you remember to take the video camera or at least voice recorder for the oral for me?? :D

No, but hopefully there'll be enough detail in the forthcoming blow-by-blow to make that meaningless. ;)

Congrats Kent. I'm going to be that was an easy one for you.

Coming from you, that's high praise! I don't know if I'd use the word "easy" but it wasn't exactly difficult either. Maybe the best way to put it is that it was easy, with lots of effort. :goofy:

congrats, Kent....now get a job!

:)

Yeah, hmmm. Y'know, I didn't realize how worthless this rating was until I got it. Who the heck hires single-engine-only, non-CFI commercial pilots anyway? :dunno: Oh well, I stopped by the airport yesterday and made sure people knew I got it and was looking for a job. We'll see what happens.

Congratulations, Kent! Next stop: CFI!:yes:

Way to go Kent.:cheerswine:

So what's next?

Well, I don't know.

I was thinking Comm-AMEL next, but both the examiner and one of the first people I talked to after the test were saying I should bang out the CFI right away. I'm sure I could get the flying part down fairly quick (if I could only figure out how to land from the right seat without a side load on the gear!) but there is a TON of ground work to be done before I'd really feel ready to take the CFI ride.

I also still need a job. So, I was thinking maybe I'd run up to CAD for a week or so and bang out both my Comm-AMEL and Comm-ASES. :dunno:

I'm certainly open to other suggestions as well! :yes:

Well, I don't know.

I was thinking Comm-AMEL next, but both the examiner and one of the first people I talked to after the test were saying I should bang out the CFI right away. I'm sure I could get the flying part down fairly quick (if I could only figure out how to land from the right seat without a side load on the gear!) but there is a TON of ground work to be done before I'd really feel ready to take the CFI ride.

I also still need a job. So, I was thinking maybe I'd run up to CAD for a week or so and bang out both my Comm-AMEL and Comm-ASES. :dunno:

I'm certainly open to other suggestions as well! :yes:

If you did Commercial AMEL you could do CFI-ME after that. I suspect (but don't know) that the CFI-ME ride would be easier than the single engine version although it would still require the FOI etc.

Just saw this, Kent! Adding my BZ to the long list of congrats. Did you post your writeup in another thread, or will it be going on this one?

If you did Commercial AMEL you could do CFI-ME after that. I suspect (but don't know) that the CFI-ME ride would be easier than the single engine version although it would still require the FOI etc.

I did the MEI as my initial and it was still easier than the CFI-SE add-on, IMHO. The commercial ME is pretty easy, too, especially compared to what you just went through for the SE commercial!

Back