Congrats HOF class of 2014!

KeithASanford

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MyTurnToFly
Maddux, Glavine and Thomas to Baseball's Hall of Fame.

Great news for Maddux, Glavine and Thomas.

I lived in Chicago during the Frank "Big Hurt" Thomas era. I was in an executive suite sky box at a Whitesox game next to the pressbox and a foul ball goes sailing into the press box. A minute later, a beat writer comes into our sky box and gives my wife(holding my 18 month old son) this ball and says: "Tell your kid this ball was hit by a first ballot Hall of Famer." In a field of steroid pumped cheaters, he put up incredible numbers and consistently(and gracefully) produced in the shadows of all the cheaters' nonsensical fanfare. Vindication, indeed.

A friend of mine (pitcher) got called up to play for Detroit. He was obviously nervous, hit the first batter. 2nd batter was Big Hurt. I'm not sure if the ball has fallen out of orbit yet. But that concluded my buddy's MLB career.

I lived in Chicago during the Frank "Big Hurt" Thomas era. I was in an executive suite sky box at a Whitesox game next to the pressbox and a foul ball goes sailing into the press box. A minute later, a beat writer comes into our sky box and gives my wife(holding my 18 month old son) this ball and says: "Tell your kid this ball was hit by a first ballot Hall of Famer." In a field of steroid pumped cheaters, he put up incredible numbers and consistently(and gracefully) produced in the shadows of all the cheaters' nonsensical fanfare. Vindication, indeed.

Being a Braves' fan, I don't keep up with the AL much , but Frank Thomas was a big dude. Glad he made it, and I respect his stand against steroid use. I knew Maddux and Glavine were going to make it. Maddux is arguably one of the best pitchers in the game. Congrats to all three.

The Baseball Writers of America have to be the most uptight group of men on the face of the earth. I'm shocked that they allowed three into Cooperstown this year.

But they are all good picks. I watched Maddux as a Cub.

Glad to see 3 Braves going in together Glavine, Maddux and Bobby Cox! I played golf with Maddux once in Tom Glavine's charity tournament, we had a good time, that guy can play golf! :yes: He has a dry sense of humor, probably needed it to tolerate the 3 hackers he was paired with.;)

I heard this question on Chicago sports talk radio the other day, and no one was sure of the answer. Does the ball player or the Hall of Fame determine which team is represented when a player has been with more than one team?

I heard this question on Chicago sports talk radio the other day, and no one was sure of the answer. Does the ball player or the Hall of Fame determine which team is represented when a player has been with more than one team?
My understanding is it is up to the player. These days very few players stay with one team their entire career. Tony Gonzales played 5 years for the Falcons, but he'll go in the HOF as a Chief.

Back