infotango

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rob!
potw08_1326.jpg

From Picture of the Week on Avweb.com.
Nicely done!

oh dang i didnt notice that that was Brooks, very nice!!

you know thats like 3 weeks in a row that a PoAer has had a photo up.

Brook, keep up such great aviation shots and you may be finding a way to finance more flight training! :yes:

...and it's not even because a fellow PoA works there now. REALLY nice picture, Brook! Great angle and nice colors.

wow im such a fool. now off to start submitting photos...i better get PotW nudge nudge wink wink

Thank you guys. Mike...I wish I were a professional. I didn't even look at the website until I saw the post here. Heh.

Brook, you obviously have talent for finding some great shots. I'd love it if you posted some others to this thread for us to see. Heck, you might even find those interested in having you make a print for them to purchase... and signed by the photographer!

Brook, that was a great photograph - you have an eye for it! You know, the community college in Asheboro has one of the top schools of photography in the entire NATION! And it's just down the road! :)

Thank you Tom. I have actually been in touch with them. However most if not all classes are during the day. Since I have to be with the state at least one more year before I am vested...that right now is out of the question. :( I do have some classes I need to take from when I purchased the camera. I keep forgetting to do that. Sigh.

Thank you Diana. It was taken just north of Raleigh, NC, in some guys front yard. With all the development going on in the area...its hard to find launch and landing sites. Tom (the balloon pilot) landed at LHZ the next day. He said the pilots coming in for landing were like...."A hot air balloon...landed at the airport?" Heh.

Thank you Diana. It was taken just north of Raleigh, NC, in some guys front yard. With all the development going on in the area...its hard to find launch and landing sites. Tom (the balloon pilot) landed at LHZ the next day. He said the pilots coming in for landing were like...."A hot air balloon...landed at the airport?" Heh.

There's a local balloon outfit that "sneaks in" and launches from our place every so often. They're welcome but we just don't like them getting in the way of based planes. I once had to drive in the mud to get around them to get to my plane.

Back