Confession time...I'm addicted...

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
...to the forums. Since I can't visit during the day anymore, I was fidgety all day. My palms were sweaty and I couldn't focus because my eyeballs kept darting around. Oh well, at least I don't have to quit cold turkey. :eek:

Not me!

I can quit anytime.

I only come here because I enjoy it.

Heck yesterday my computer was turned off for at least an hour that I wasn't flying or sleeping.

Joe

wait maybe I have the same issues.

Well Frank , if you think thats bad,don't try the Chatroom it's Addictive also. I'm on there just about every night from around 9 - 11 PM along with the rest of the NLC ( No Lifers Club) people. oh well you might as well join us. See you There
Dave G:blueplane:

well, being an IT guy (and understanding why they would feel the way they do) aside...my first priority is to my friends here.

Just go to google translate and "translate" from english to english. Choose the URL you want and translate from english into, say, french. Then go to the URL bar and change "fr" to "en".

You're not going to PoA...you're going to google!

well, being an IT guy (and understanding why they would feel the way they do) aside...my first priority is to my friends here.

Just go to google translate and "translate" from english to english. Choose the URL you want and translate from english into, say, french. Then go to the URL bar and change "fr" to "en".

Neat trick! It works! :rofl:

Wow, that's pretty nifty! They can't tell from this? :dunno:

There are two ways that they could

1) it's translate.google.com and not www.google.com
2) the URL that you're translating is in the URL to google.com

The question is whether or not they'll look. They might catch it...they might not.

The URL you're translating is in the Google URL, so "they" can tell where you're going. It just won't be blocked by a web filter. You still won't wanna use this for p???house.com from work unless your resume is current.

Last edited:
The URL your translating is in the Google URL, so "they" can tell where you're going. It just won't be blocked by a web filter. You still won't wanna use this for p???house.com from work unless your resume is current.

You don't want to do it period if you don't want to get caught.

Plain and simple, at most companies, circumventing the web filtering is the exact same as going to the filtered site - which is an act of insubordination.

Just FYI. We've fired people for doing it before; just don't get caught.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Was just told that this will start on the 12th. So...here I am.

BTW, I wasn't planning on any attempt at getting around the filters at work. None of us here are that secure. But...I was also told that if we get the warning screen, it will be unmistakable.

Was just told that this will start on the 12th. So...here I am.

BTW, I wasn't planning on any attempt at getting around the filters at work. None of us here are that secure. But...I was also told that if we get the warning screen, it will be unmistakable.

Our web filtering has several layers. The most brain damaged one displays a web page with WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! in huge red letters and gives me a heart attack every time I hit it by accident. One way is when an ad is served up from a HORRORS! game site.

It does look at what's in the URL, so amusingly when I Googled for the old CEO, Dick, I got the warning. :goofy:

It also says to click a ActiveX button control, which I figure records all of your details. I usually decline to do that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back