Conducting Flyovers for Compensation

tmath31

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tanner M.
Hello, first time post.

My local racetrack is asking for me to conduct a flyover for a race. Less than 30,000 people per 8900.1 Volume III, Chapter 12 so no TFR or waiver needed. I would be using my personal plane and being compensated via money. I have my CSEL certificate and a 1st class medical. I cannot find anything in the CFRs that dictate this is a no-go for compensation/hire with no passengers or cargo. I appreciate your time.

Minimum altitude rules per 14CFR 91.119(b) may apply. Anything less that that you would probably want a waiver from the local FSDO.
Key is "open air assembly of persons", no quantity specified, very subjective by those enforcing the CFR.

Yep adhering to 1,000 feet.

Should have added that in there. No it’s certified.

Hello, first time post.

My local racetrack is asking for me to conduct a flyover for a race. Less than 30,000 people per 8900.1 Volume III, Chapter 12 so no TFR or waiver needed. I would be using my personal plane and being compensated via money. I have my CSEL certificate and a 1st class medical. I cannot find anything in the CFRs that dictate this is a no-go for compensation/hire with no passengers or cargo. I appreciate your time.
100 hour or annual within 100 hours?

It is, but irrelevant. Not carrying anyone.

Back