Concrete Fly-in 7-25-09

roymcm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
roymcm
I got some good picture of what was a great fly-in at 3w5, Concrete Wa.

You cat see the Set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roymcm/sets/72157621873062714/

3764237745_ca21325563_b.jpg

3765026884_80351f7e2d_b.jpg

If you are in Wa, it's a great place to land, and they have one of the best pilot's lounges i've ever seen.

Man alive, those are some sweet photos- you clearly have a good eye for this!

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, I flew into Concrete once with Dave Krall. Cool airport, we came in from the east over the Skagit. Very nice lounge and I think the crew car was a RR Bentley.

BTW: that is one fine looking Stearman. The other reminds me of a Travel Air 3000. I know it's not but it reminds me of. Count me as one who would have flown the mail in that golden age.

AMAZING set of photos! Folks, follow the link and check them all out.

I think you have about 30 Picture of the Week candidates in that set. Was it a Globe Swift fly-in? Sure seemed to be a lot of those there (not that I mind, I love the Swift).

That highly polished Ryan SCW-145 was my favorite though... I want that thing.

AMAZING set of photos! Folks, follow the link and check them all out.

I think you have about 30 Picture of the Week candidates in that set. Was it a Globe Swift fly-in? Sure seemed to be a lot of those there (not that I mind, I love the Swift).

That highly polished Ryan SCW-145 was my favorite though... I want that thing.

Thanks!

There were several Swifts there (as you can see) but it was not a Swift specific event. Although, since it's my favortie aircraft, I can see how you might think that. ;)

Me too, It would have cool to see it.

Are you going down to the NWAAC fly-in?

Where / when?

Found it, probably not..that weekend is booked for a customer.

Last edited:
Where / when?

Found it, probably not..that weekend is booked for a customer.

oh well,

Next time you are up and about with the F-24 let me know. I'm always willing to travel to get some shots of cool airplaines.

roymcm(at)nwflyingphoto.com

Back