Concorde Returns!

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
A BA Concorde pulled up next to the Intrepid Air and Space Museum, presumably to join the permanent collection. Unfortunately, she did not arrive on her own wings....

-Skip

Attachments

• concorde.jpg
    concorde.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 48
  • concorde2.jpg
    concorde2.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
There had been one there before they refurbished it... I thought the concorde got sent over to another borough in NY on behalf of some now-bankrupt company. Is this the original one that was at the museum, or a different one?

It's the same one (G-BOAD). It had been moved out to Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn while the Intrepid was off for work. The Intrepid was moved back about two weeks ago and now Concorde is back with it.

The plane is sporting a new nose cone; the original one was knocked off when a truck drove into it. Fortunately BA had a spare.

A BA Concorde pulled up next to the Intrepid Air and Space Museum, presumably to join the permanent collection. Unfortunately, she did not arrive on her own wings....

-Skip

They're putting a CONCORDE on an aircraft carrier? How weird is that? Cool/weird, true -- but still weird.

On the other hand, historical perspective and accuracy be damned -- it's a very, very cool aircraft.

They're putting a CONCORDE on an aircraft carrier?
I don't think so. Before the Intrepid was sent across the harbor for refurb, the Concorde was on a barge adjacent to the Intrepid. I believe the Concorde will have her own display barge again and for the foreseeable future.

-Skip

When I first saw the thumbnail picture I thought it was a Concord on a carrier! Now that would be somthing to see, a Concord snaggin a 3 wire.

Last edited:
When I first saw the thumbnail picture I thought it was a Concord on a carrier! Now that would be somthing to see, a Concord snaggin a 3 wire.

Then you'd want to see a Vigilante do that.

Attachments

• Vigilante.jpg
    Vigilante.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back