Concerts [NA]

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I've got three recitals coming up in the Baltimore area. I'll be playing the Suite #3 for solo cello by Bach, the Cello Sonata by Debussy, and the Cello Sonata (transcribed) by Franck. Accompanying me will be my lovely wife. For more information, go to my website (below). HCC has more comfortable seating, but the better sounding hall is at Goucher College. Here is the recital poster:

Ben i'd like to come here you play,I have some questions give me a call at 717-554-8247 Thank You Dave G.

Your website is beautiful and quite well done. I wish I could attend your concerts.

Ben, my wife and might be able to attend this... but I'm afraid of dispelling my believe that you are a figment of my imagination. ;)

(J/K - I'll let you know soon if we can make it!)

Shipoke said:
Ben i'd like to come here you play,I have some questions give me a call at 717-554-8247 Thank You Dave G.
That would be great! Could you PM me? Or you can email me.

Thanks!

Carol said:
Your website is beautiful and quite well done. I wish I could attend your concerts.
Thank you, Carol. The best I can suggest is to check in on the website every now and again. We might be playing near you at some point.

Greebo said:
Ben, my wife and might be able to attend this... but I'm afraid of dispelling my believe that you are a figment of my imagination. ;)

(J/K - I'll let you know soon if we can make it!)

Thanks, Chuck!

Dang, too far away for me.
I think you're the cellist, correct? Do you have any probelms bringing the cello in to airplane, particularly on cold days?

deafsound said:
Dang, too far away for me.
I think you're the cellist, correct? Do you have any probelms bringing the cello in to airplane, particularly on cold days?

How do you mean?

I dunno, I guess I wonder because the planes I fly aren't generally heated all that well. Just thinking of going from warm car to cold airplane to warm concert hall presents any problems. Also wondering if going up to 8k' and down again relatively quickly does anything weird so such a sensitive instrument (tuning problems, string tension, whatever).
When we flew to Germany for our tours, advise was given to tune all the guitars down to slack so nothing popped or warped. My snare drum, which I didn't tune down, came off the plane a little out of tune.
I'm also wondering because my sister, a violist, asked me if it was cool to bring her viola up, and I didn't know what to tell her. I'd hate to be held responsible for such a pricey instrument.
BTW, my drums don't care that they're in a 172. They kind of like it.

Hey, right in my neighborhood (Columbia) ... it -is- all the way the other side of 29 .. but I'll see what I can do. ;-)

wangmyers said:
I've got three recitals coming up in the Baltimore area. I'll be playing the Suite #3 for solo cello by Bach, the Cello Sonata by Debussy, and the Cello Sonata (transcribed) by Franck. Accompanying me will be my lovely wife. For more information, go to my website (below). HCC has more comfortable seating, but the better sounding hall is at Goucher College. Here is the recital poster:

too bad you dont look as good as that cello playing chick on "wings". Now i would fly to see her play :)
J/K.....Keep us informed of when the world tour begins so the rest of us have a chance to see.

mgkdrgn said:
Hey, right in my neighborhood (Columbia) ... it -is- all the way the other side of 29 .. but I'll see what I can do. ;-)
That would be great!

Michael said:
too bad you dont look as good as that cello playing chick on "wings". Now i would fly to see her play :)
J/K.....Keep us informed of when the world tour begins so the rest of us have a chance to see.
Wilco!

Oh man, you were at the Owen Brown interfaith center?? Durn .. I coulda walked to there! :-(

mgkdrgn said:
Oh man, you were at the Owen Brown interfaith center?? Durn .. I coulda walked to there! :-(
LOL! Oops--should have told you earlier!

Ben;

I am working in Baltimore now and I would really like to hear you. I work about 20 minutes from Goucher. My bride of many years( artist and song writer) and I love music . I drive 82 miles(one way) everyday to work and we do sometimes will stay over for yes as an older pilot the "commute can get a little long"

Will check out the web site.

John

Can't get to the concerts, but I will enjoy the CD's!!!

Ben:

You certainly add a touch of class to what ordinarily might be a mundane web board. Would love to see you sometime.

Dave

Re: I Saw Ben!

Went to his recital.

He's a LOT taller in person than in the avitar. :rofl:

A lovely evening Ben, thanks for the invite/suggestion.

Brett

Thank you for coming! I really enjoyed that concert. And thanks a MILLION for lending me the headset. I will give them a trial run on Tuesday!

Back