Concerns 1969 C-150J

I should see if I can find out what was paid for "my" airplane new. I'm sure it has benefited from several times that many dollars in maintenance over the years, even with inflation dropped out of the equation.

The people I know tend to run automobiles until a major failure, perhaps changing the oil, perhaps not. Not such a good plan when you can't just pull over on the next cloud.

PS: Yesterday I learned how to remove all the plastic interior panels...

Someday, I'll figure out how to put them back... :)

If you buy new panels you’ll get to experience the madness that comes with trying to duplicate all the tiny mounting holes in that very thin, VERY expensive (for what it is) abs plastic. Consider wrapping your old pieces in fabric as anothe4 option. ;)

If you buy new panels you’ll get to experience the madness that comes with trying to duplicate all the tiny mounting holes in that very thin, VERY expensive (for what it is) abs plastic. Consider wrapping your old pieces in fabric as anothe4 option. ;)
The new stuff from Plane Plastics (or MacFarlane) is thicker, and new ABS is soft, not brittle like the old stuff.

But locating the holes so you're not drilling new holes in the airframe is a bit harder.

Thanks again for the referral. A few places had most of the parts that I am eventually looking at replacing. But I've never ordered from any of them.

After taking care of the transfer of ownership, registration, and the like, I placed an order. Humorously: I misread the link as v I ntage, not v A ntage... But they still shipped me out two pretty white side panels. Now I just have to install them.

If you buy new panels you’ll get to experience the madness that comes with trying to duplicate all the tiny mounting holes

I have made hole finders with two strips of .032 sheet aluminum, a couple of rivets. Essentially free.

oh, there are lots of holes a holefinder wont be able to reach - in anticipation of someone pointing out the obvious, lol.

Last edited:
I have made hole finders with two strips of .032 sheet aluminum, a couple of rivets. Essentially free.

oh, there are lots of holes a holefinder wont be able to reach - in anticipation of someone pointing out the obvious, lol.

Best of luck. Cheers!

Back