Concerned about medical exam

C

Concerned

Hey all,

So long story short I scheduled my class-1 medical evaluation about a week ago before realizing that one of the medications I'm currently on (for anxiety, not Xanax or anything even close to that) is a big no no. The others medication I'm on, an SSRI, is allowed. So with this in mind I reached out to my psychiatrist and was actually able to get an appointment for tomorrow where I plan to tell them that I want to stop taking/be unprescribed from the disqualifying medication, this way I could just create a new application without the disqualifying meds.

However, I'm worried that I might not be stopping the old meds soon enough or that when my application is reviewed for the allowed meds the FAA will see that I was very recently on something they don't allow.

Should I be concerned about this? Should I reschedule my appointment to allow more time off the How thorough is their process for looking at each individually case for medication?

Yup you should be concerned. Get a consult before you do an exam. Hopefully a doc here will comment. There are a lot of threads here of people with these issues. Check those out to see what you are in for.

Cancel the Class 1 exam ASAP. Make the appointment a Consultation. You’ll pay for the office visit, but the AME will discuss what you need to do to go forward, and documentation. Then you and your shrink can go over a well-defined plan and needed documentation.

If the AME will not do a consult, find another AME.

Until you give the number to the AME at the exam, nothing has officially happened. Cancel your exam and the application will age out in…60 days? Then you can create a new application, presumably after your psychiatrist agrees you are stable.

meanwhile, consult as mentioned above.

Hey all,

So long story short I scheduled my class-1 medical evaluation about a week ago before realizing that one of the medications I'm currently on (for anxiety, not Xanax or anything even close to that) is a big no no. The others medication I'm on, an SSRI, is allowed. So with this in mind I reached out to my psychiatrist and was actually able to get an appointment for tomorrow where I plan to tell them that I want to stop taking/be unprescribed from the disqualifying medication, this way I could just create a new application without the disqualifying meds.

However, I'm worried that I might not be stopping the old meds soon enough or that when my application is reviewed for the allowed meds the FAA will see that I was very recently on something they don't allow.

Should I be concerned about this? Should I reschedule my appointment to allow more time off the How thorough is their process for looking at each individually case for medication?
Once you stop the meds, you won't have to disclose them on the form, but you will have to disclose the diagnosis and any meds you're currently taking. That will result in a process of disclosing additional medical records.

Start here: http://steinmetz.org/peter/flying/faaMedicalInfo.html

Then schedule a consultation with an AME. Do not let him access your application online until he's told you exactly what's necessary to obtain the class of medical certificate you need.

My answer was provided in your Reddit thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back