Computer Transvestite????

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
I have an older laptop (Compaq XL1200-111) running with Windows 98. I know that microsoft has stopped supporting windows 98 (not creating new updates) but all the old updates should still be available. I logged on to check updates just in case I might have missed some and the windows update site now recognizes my laptop as a MAC and tries to send me to their site for MAC products.

I have an older laptop (Compaq XL1200-111) running with Windows 98. I know that microsoft has stopped supporting windows 98 (not creating new updates) but all the old updates should still be available. I logged on to check updates just in case I might have missed some and the windows update site now recognizes my laptop as a MAC and tries to send me to their site for MAC products.
This is just the beginning. Pretty soon computers will be filing for O/S provider change operations, suing for "different OS weddings", and generally undermine and corrupt the fabric of our computer society!

This rogue laptop must be punished immediately and beaten into submission!!

This is just the beginning. Pretty soon computers will be filing for O/S provider change operations, suing for "different OS weddings", and generally undermine and corrupt the fabric of our computer society!

This rogue laptop must be punished immediately and beaten into submission!!

Typical of the 'PC' crowd, making us all bend to their will ;);)

Your old Windows 98 laptop is just embarrassed and is trying to pass as a hip Macbook. :goofy:

It's like a silver-haired bald guy who thinks his hairpiece is not noticeable.

Your old Windows 98 laptop is just embarrassed and is trying to pass as a hip Macbook. :goofy:

It's like a silver-haired bald guy who thinks his hairpiece is not noticeable.

Watch that talk about silver haired bald guys!!!!!. I'll continue to do without the hairpiece though. I am what I am.

Watch that talk about silver haired bald guys!!!!!. I'll continue to do without the hairpiece though. I am what I am.

I don't have the silver but I have the bald. I just envisioned something like Don Knotts in "Three's Company" in somethin' hip like a leisure suit.

I don't have the silver but I have the bald. I just envisioned something like Don Knotts in "Three's Company" in somethin' hip like a leisure suit.

I wasn't being at all serious. I've got thicker skin than that. I fully understood what you meant.

Apparently your old laptop is now old enough, slow enough, outdated enough, and so completely worthless that it can pass itself off as a Mac. Pitty.

Found out today that the "cross dressing" only occurs when connected to the internet via the wireless LAN. If I plug into the phone line and dial-up, everything is normal.

Found out today that the "cross dressing" only occurs when connected to the internet via the wireless LAN. If I plug into the phone line and dial-up, everything is normal.
Ah, so it's a translation problem! Everything works fine when everyone ELSE is ALSO speaking Geezer!! :)

Back