Computer Jukebox

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Anyone have a recommendation on a good computer jukebox? I've used Musicmatch for years but it was sold to yahoo and is no longer supported (after I bought a lifetime upgrade subscription of course).

I have about 5,000 tunes on my computer and I only need the jukebox to do two things:

1. Play an album.

2. With the click of just a few buttons, generate a random playlist of however many songs I want.

I'd just use microsoft's media player but I can't figure out how to conveniently generate random playlists.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I'd use iTunes, but I drink the Apple cool-aid.

I have not been drinking any Kool-Aid, but iTunes seems to work pretty well for what you want to do. That's what I use now.

My only gripe is that it tries to connect to the iTunes store every time I start it. I think that can be changed, but I am too lazy to figure out how.

I have not been drinking any Kool-Aid, but iTunes seems to work pretty well for what you want to do. That's what I use now.

My only gripe is that it tries to connect to the iTunes store every time I start it. I think that can be changed, but I am too lazy to figure out how.

I haven't been drinking the cool aid either, and there is a way to change the itunes store thingy if you look in preferences. I use iTunes.

From a sound point of view, iTunes is the best sounding of all of the players that I've tried, and I've tried a few of them. iTunes doesn't change the sound of the music, which other programs do by way of compressing the sound to the point of sounding like FM radio.

Back