Complex dual in MD?

Chip Sylverne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Quit with the negative waves, man.
Put the com written behind me. Now I need to get some time in a complex. Since I need 10 hours to rent the plane for a checkride anyway, might as well get the airwork done in the process. Nearest FBO to me that I know has a has a complex is the Trini at Frederick Flight center. FBO at DMW has all fixed gear.

Any other recommendations?

There's an arrow at Leesburg, significantly cheaper and a half-hour farther than Frederick. I bet there's a retract at GAI too.

The flight school at GAI used to have a 172RG, but they don't have it any more, and don't seem to have any single-engine retractables now. There are several flying clubs at GAI, though, and I know one has an Arrow, and another has a Cardinal RG and a 182RG.

I talked to the guys at the new flight school at DMW (American Pilot Services) a month or two ago, and they were talking about plans to get a 182RG, but I don't know if anything came of that.
-harry

You might also consider the Arrow at Capitol Air at FME.

There's also a flight school at BWI which has a couple retractables.
-harry

You might also consider the Arrow at Capitol Air at FME. There's also a flight school at BWI which has a couple retractables.
My thoughts, too, and at BWI it's Chesapeake Proflight (410-691-2790/91) -- I know their Chief Instructor Cathy Steele, and she's a good one.

My instructor at BWI used to have a Lance, and he's saying that he's going to get a Saratoga, but I don't think he's got it yet. The Trinnie at FDK is really nice but really a lot of money. And the battery is ****ing me off.

My instructor at BWI used to have a Lance, and he's saying that he's going to get a Saratoga, but I don't think he's got it yet. The Trinnie at FDK is really nice but really a lot of money. And the battery is ****ing me off.

The Arrow at Capitol Air is a heck of a lot more reasonable than FDK. So is the Trinni at Chesapeake, but the plane is pretty solidly booked .I 'll probably go talk to Dan Cohn at Capitol next week. If you think your CFI would be interested in doing a program, pm me with his number and I'll give him a call.

Back