Complex Aircraft Training Near Stamford CT, or KHPN

Guy Morton

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
GM
I'm a relatively new pilot. Did my private at Danbury. While I build my time for IFR, I also want to develop some broader versatility in different planes. I am doing transition training for the Cirrus SR20 at White plains, but I'd also like to do more 6-pack training in complex and high performance planes (Traditionally complex with retractable gear and where I'm actually making adjustments to prop speed.) It's hard to find affordable planes to rent in this area, so,beyond making me a better pilot, broadening the type of aircraft I'm safe and comfortable piloting will give me more opportunities to fly going forward.

With COVID, it seems everybody wants to learn to fly, so it's been hard finding planes and instructors on Danbury. Any leads on an independent CFI with access to a complex and/or high perf airplane that are no too far from here? (Fairfield County, CT/Westchester County, NY)

Yes - Dan Aziere at Executive Aviation (Danbury - KDXR). He did my complex endorsement in a Piper Arrow II that they own - great CFI, great guy all around. Gave me very thorough ground and flight training for the complex endorsement, and Executive let me rent the Arrow a lot after I got the endorsement to build my complex time. Ended up buying one myself. If you call Dan, please tell him Matt Ruggiero says hello.

Back