Completed my Solo Cross Country flight!

dcotton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don
It was a big day for me! I flew from my Class D home airport, to an uncontrolled and very busy Class G, then to a heavy student populated towered, Class D and then back home. Three pretty different airports.

My CI told me that KOBE was very busy and tended to get nutty and if I got there and it was just to much to bag it for another day. He was not kidding, I listened in from about 24 mi out and the radio was packed with people using every single kind of radio call to communicate from all distances out. It was pretty nerve wracking as I sat there and first listened to it.

At one point two guys were having an argument, because the main runway was 05, left traffic and then some guy decided to land on 14 (which crosses 05) and then the radio lit up even more!

I decided to stay East of the airport at 3,500 feet or so and check it all out. By the time I got past at about 4 Miles North, the traffic slowed down and I did some controlled 360 turns down to 1200' (which was very fun, all alone!).

From 1200', I scoped it out, there were just three guys in the pattern, I got my landing in and then got the heck out of there.

My FPR landing was smooth, with a professional tower, and I was off and heading back home to KSUA. I did not have my best pattern there (to close on the downwind made for a short base and a wide final), but it was busy and ATC had some people not paying attention and giving her a hard time. Anyway, I landed her Ok and completed my first cross country.

I really loved it, I sort of felt like a real pilot up there all by myself!!

This week I am going to get about 2-3 more hours of solo time in. I think I will request some time to practice maneuvers and then either pattern work or maybe head to FPR to do some pattern work, so I get a little more cross country in maybe. Any suggestions? After this I am going to spend time with my CI making sure I got the check ride stuff ready to go!

I have to get the darn written out of the way as well...

Anyway, cheers to all!

Get the written done,so you can concentrate on your flying. Practice makes for a better pilot.

What do you have left to meet requirements?

solo....cross country...............yeah man!!!!

awesome, that looks like a fun route.

Awesome ! It was not long ago that I went on my first Solo X-Country. Soon you will be getting ready for your Check Ride !!

Congratulations. Such a huge confidence builder! And yes, it is way cool to be up there flying along all by yourself.

Get the written done,so you can concentrate on your flying. Practice makes for a better pilot.

Right on. I need to get that thing done. I am going to try and get some real studying in this weekend.

Back