Completed CogScreen AE

FatherPilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
squawkvfr
I did the Cogscreen AE for the first time recently, some parts were really challenging but I felt I did great overall. Now the wait begins. Does anyone have clues or advice about what to expect next?

If you gave us the back story about how you got to this point, we could probably answer your question.

3rd class deferred for depression & SSRI usage of less than 2 years.
SI was issued, renewal every 6 months.
My renewal application generated info request based upon noticing old notes of alcohol abuse from therapist sessions years ago during depression treatment.
I submitted personal statement of past alcohol use, no current use for over two years, didn't do any program or AA, happy to be sober & healthy.
They requested in a cert letter a ten panel test w/EtS EtG taken within 48 hrs of receipt, and a CogScreen AE. Clean test was immediately submitted, just finished CogScreen. No HIMS AME involved, just the Neuropsychologist had to be HIMS for the Cog. All Oklahoma, no DC involved in my correspondence.

3rd class deferred for depression & SSRI usage of less than 2 years.
SI was issued, renewal every 6 months.
My renewal application generated info request based upon noticing old notes of alcohol abuse from therapist sessions years ago during depression treatment.
I submitted personal statement of past alcohol use, no current use for over two years, didn't do any program or AA, happy to be sober & healthy.
They requested in a cert letter a ten panel test w/EtS EtG taken within 48 hrs of receipt, and a CogScreen AE. Clean test was immediately submitted, just finished CogScreen. No HIMS AME involved, just the Neuropsychologist had to be HIMS for the Cog. All Oklahoma, no DC involved in my correspondence.

You should be able to request a copy of the partial exam results from the neuropsych. The COGSCREEN generates a LRPV which is a quotient that describes the likeliness based on population norms that you were experiencing a neurocognitive deficit at the time of the test. If the narrative from the neuropsych on the COGSCREEN AE report is positive, you will probably be fine.

You should be able to request a copy of the partial exam results from the neuropsych. The COGSCREEN generates a LRPV which is a quotient that describes the likeliness based on population norms that you were experiencing a neurocognitive deficit at the time of the test. If the narrative from the neuropsych on the COGSCREEN AE report is positive, you will probably be fine.

These are your records. Also, your doctor should brief you on your results.

I took the COGSCREEN for my 3rd class HIMS process and the neuropsych told me the FAA wouldn't allow him to give me the actual test results. Although neuropsych sent those to the FAA, the only thing he would send to me was his prose document describing his interpretation and recommendations.

addendum ... i get the reports and share them ... I am only the lowly HIMS AME, not the high paid consultants!!:(

My neuropsychologist sent me my actual test results along with her detailed report.

There isn’t anything on there that needs to be hidden from you. Again, it’s YOUR record,

Back