Complete Package for Fly-Ins to Paso Robles (KPRB)

pcorman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Phil Corman
So we are proud of our Airport, our City, and our Area.

Our airport has more than 320 VFR days per year. And we have the Estrella Warbird Museum at the Airport.

Our city is filled with shopping and amazing restaurants. Hotels from low budget to 5 star resorts. And more than 200 wineries.

We just put together a "Concierge" service that enables any group that wants to do a fly-in to have all the planning and logistics done for you. Some of the options are:

1. 120 participant presentation room at the Museum
  2. Wine Reception (wine and finger foods)
  3. Continental Breakfast
  4. Catered Lunch at museum
  5. Dinner at a Winery
  6. Free Speakers on Aviation Topics

CHeck out the details : http://prb-association.com/EWM%20Fly-Ins.html

Wow, that's amazing.

I can't say I'll ever have that many people along, though a family day trip out there is a very distinct possibility. Maybe to the nearby zoo.

Honestly, though, the biggest barriers are getting to town, and the frequent on-field restaurant turnovers. Is there a city bus that goes out to PRB?

Wow, that's amazing.

I can't say I'll ever have that many people along, though a family day trip out there is a very distinct possibility. Maybe to the nearby zoo.

Honestly, though, the biggest barriers are getting to town, and the frequent on-field restaurant turnovers. Is there a city bus that goes out to PRB?

There is a free courtesy car at PRB. And a new restaurant, open weekdays, called First Class Cafe with indoor and patio seating.

I'd like to fly-in to Paso Robles sometime. Where's the transient parking located? I can't tell from Google Earth / AFD. I always worry about getting to an unfamiliar and uncontrolled airport and not knowing where to park my plane.

I'd like to fly-in to Paso Robles sometime. Where's the transient parking located? I can't tell from Google Earth / AFD. I always worry about getting to an unfamiliar and uncontrolled airport and not knowing where to park my plane.

Transient parking is right across from the terminal!
New restaurant is called First Class Cafe in terminal.
Free courtesy car.
phil

Transient parking, when available is usually right in front of the terminal, restaurant, or fuel pump, just about anywhere. There are, of course, exceptions (e.g., KCCR, where the transient ramp is run by a hotel pretty far from everything). And if you don't know where it is, a quick question on Ground or CTAF will usually get you an answer. Except perhaps if the airport is deserted.

You could also call an FBO or the airport manager before departure.

There are, of course, exceptions (e.g., KCCR, where the transient ramp is run by a hotel pretty far from everything).

I've found both Sterling and PSA very helpful at KCCR. You'd don't need to park at the hotel unless you're staying there.

Paso Robles - my favorite wine region. I like their heavy, full bodied Syrahs and blends. I primarily buy from Epoch or Saxum.

Paso Robles - my favorite wine region. I like their heavy, full bodied Syrahs and blends. I primarily buy from Epoch or Saxum.

Tobin James makes some really good wines too, and it's a really fun tasting room (sort of the wine-drinking biker crowd...)

My parents live in Creston and I keep threatening to fly in but man it's a haul from AR at 130 knots.

That's great you guys are putting a little service in the game. I suggest a small add in one of the GA rags or in AOPA. Might do wonders or be a total waste. Hard to say. But getting the word out will def be to your advantage.

Back